How many people can fit into these "falls"

Luckyladyh

I was doing some research for our trip - we have never been to Dominica. I viewed some you Tube footage. The swimming area looks small - if the ship has tours there and along with the tours leaving from the pier - how many people can fit in there - does it seem overly crowded?

Are there any lines to get into the area to swim and over to the falls?

Just curious how many people these areas can hold.

Is one "falls" more crowded than the other? I see alot about saying to go there - but not much about what to do when you get there.

Is there a better time of day to go with fewer people? Thanks - I can't wait to go here!

There are more than one "falls". There is Trafalgar Falls, the Emerald Pool and Titou Gorge, which are the most popular destinations on Dominica. From your description, I'm assuming you are referring to Titou Gorge. When we were there, there were quite a few people in the water, and this was midday, around noon. (We had already done a hike to Middleham Falls,which is a more strenuous hike). There is a larger area where you enter the water and swim a bit before the current pulls you into the gorge and that's where the falls are. It's very pretty and can hold quite a few people. Since the water is fed by the waterfalls and it is also in an area with lots of overgrown vegetation, the water is rather chilly, so not too many people stay in long, so I don't think you have to worry about crowds in the water at Titou Gorge. ;)

Now, at the Emerald Pool, it's different. It's a hike down to the pool and the pool is smaller, so if there are crowds, you may have to wait a bit for a turn in the pool, but it is really a lovely spot there.

Have a wonderful time in Dominica!

• 7 months later...

I am wondering the same thing. I've read that the island now only allows cruise ship passengers of cruise excursions to the Trafalgar Falls early in the day. I've heard private tours are not allowed in until 2:00. Does this mean the Traf Falls and Titou Gorge is packed at 2:00.

Thanks.

Archived