What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

32 (soon to be 33), divorced, 2 kids. Just got off my 7th carnival cruise with 8,9, and 10 booked. Been on Disney twice with the third one booked and RCL once (my first cruise). I love cruising so much I'm really considering my first solo cruise due to the dilemmas faced by others. For one most of my friends are broke or scared to cruise. When I do have a boyfriend they can't afford to cruise with me. Second, I like to do what I want to do when I want to but I did enjoy a different party experience traveling with others (shut the night club down). I usually travel semi-solo with my kids. The only downside is I have to pay for three. They love the kids rooms on any ship so essentially I'm a solo cruiser. I usually have plenty of time to do what I want and enjoy a family vacation at the same time so I guess it's the best of both worlds.

Edited by krispykreme97
Correction

32 (soon to be 33), divorced, 2 kids. Just got off my 7th carnival cruise with 8,9, and 10 booked. Been on Disney twice with the third one booked and RCL once (my first cruise). I love cruising so much I'm really considering my first solo cruise due to the dilemmas faced by others. For one most of my friends are broke or scared to cruise. When I do have a boyfriend they can't afford to cruise with me. Second, I like to do what I want to do when I want to but I did enjoy a different party experience traveling with others (shut the night club down). I usually travel semi-solo with my kids. The only downside is I have to pay for three. They love the kids rooms on any ship so essentially I'm a solo cruiser. I usually have plenty of time to do what I want and enjoy a family vacation at the same time so I guess it's the best of both worlds.

Sounds as if you and your kids discovered the joys of solo cruising at a younger age than many. Have fun :p

After all of the cruises I have taken, which has so far been as a solo passenger, I am finally cruising with family aboard the Disney Wonder on May 17 for the 2-night weekend getaway. For a dedicated solo cruiser like me, this is uncharted waters. :D

I just booked my next solo cruise on the Holland America Veendam, December 28 , 2013, 7 days Mexico ,New Years Eve cruise :)

I got her for the Hawaii cruise in Dec 3. I'll make sure she is taken care of really good. :)

After all of the cruises I have taken, which has so far been as a solo passenger, I am finally cruising with family aboard the Disney Wonder on May 17 for the 2-night weekend getaway. For a dedicated solo cruiser like me, this is uncharted waters. :D

2 days not so bad! You'll enjoy Disney and want to go again with only two days.

I'm a 75 year old widower. My wife and I cruised about 8 times. It was our favorite pastime. After 48 years of marriage, I lost her to Alzheimer's. Since then, I've gone with a group (solo room), shared a room with DD and her partner, and DD and niece. I've cruised solo twice and will be on another one 10/30/13 (RCCL transatlantic). It will be from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. Most of my cruises have been in the Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale, since I reside there. I once shared a cabin with an old friend, and it worked out fine. I'm not averse to sharing, but am not excited about doing so with a stranger. My family members and friends are either not available or are non-cruisers. So, I'm not staying home. I love the repositioning cruises because of the better rates and the multiple days at sea.

Jim

Fellow solo cruisers, I am considering booking a Singles cruise through Vacations to Go. They offer a cruise out of FL on Royal Princess to Eastern Caribbean. Anyone has experience on this TA? or just book through the cruise line as a single traveler. Thank you for your advise in advance.

I'm a 75 year old widower. My wife and I cruised about 8 times. It was our favorite pastime. After 48 years of marriage, I lost her to Alzheimer's. Since then, I've gone with a group (solo room), shared a room with DD and her partner, and DD and niece. I've cruised solo twice and will be on another one 10/30/13 (RCCL transatlantic). It will be from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. Most of my cruises have been in the Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale, since I reside there. I once shared a cabin with an old friend, and it worked out fine. I'm not averse to sharing, but am not excited about doing so with a stranger. My family members and friends are either not available or are non-cruisers. So, I'm not staying home. I love the repositioning cruises because of the better rates and the multiple days at sea.

Jim

Sorry about your wife Jim. No doubt her Alzheimers was hard on you as well. :(

Fellow solo cruisers, I am considering booking a Singles cruise through Vacations to Go. They offer a cruise out of FL on Royal Princess to Eastern Caribbean. Anyone has experience on this TA? or just book through the cruise line as a single traveler. Thank you for your advise in advance.

have fun !

I have booked cruises with them a few times and the service is good, the people are professional & courteous and their prices are usually the lowest.

Fellow solo cruisers, I am considering booking a Singles cruise through Vacations to Go. Anyone has experience on this TA? or just book through the cruise line as a single traveler. Thank you for your advise in advance.

I've gone on a couple of cruises with them and it's a fun way to cruise if you are a solo. You can involve yourself in the singles activities as much or as little as you want.

Lisa J. :)

This is it. 18 days and I will officially be a solo cruiser. I have to admit, I am sorta addicted to this site now. I get help every time I log on. I am amazed I didn't know about this when my gf and I went on our cruise(let me state, ex gf. maybe the site would have helped us not fight the whole time lol)

I feel like I am on the younger side to be vacationing solo, 31. But I am really excited and nervous and giddy. I have done a lot of traveling in the military as well as with family or with past relationships. I don't know how people don't like traveling. weird :p

Do people talk about CC when they sail? or is it "underground" and hush hush? Has it ever been "what's your username? Oh! I remember you."?

This is it. 18 days and I will officially be a solo cruiser. I have to admit, I am sorta addicted to this site now. I get help every time I log on. I am amazed I didn't know about this when my gf and I went on our cruise(let me state, ex gf. maybe the site would have helped us not fight the whole time lol)

I feel like I am on the younger side to be vacationing solo, 31. But I am really excited and nervous and giddy. I have done a lot of traveling in the military as well as with family or with past relationships. I don't know how people don't like traveling. weird :p

Do people talk about CC when they sail? or is it "underground" and hush hush? Has it ever been "what's your username? Oh! I remember you."?

We do discuss CC ;) I ask people all the time...."are you on Cruise Critic " ? On my most recent cruise a group formed out of the message board roll call. We hung out together. We did a sail-away together, a formal meeting with the crew, another sail-away party, a dinner, and a shore excursion. But it usually does not progress to that extent. On most cruises, the CC cruisers usually simply have a meet & greet on the first day. :)

I've gone on a couple of cruises with them and it's a fun way to cruise if you are a solo. You can involve yourself in the singles activities as much or as little as you want.

Lisa J. :)

Thank you for sharing your experience on VTG. I did a lot research. The reviews are mixed from one end to another. I will be cruising solo with NCL Breakaway on 9/22. I book it through the cruise line. I will see how it work out for me. I already join the roll call and start conversation with quite a few future cruise mates. All but one are traveling with their families. I am counting on NCL's solo cruiser program (solo studio lounge) to meet solo cruisers onboard. Wish me luck and I will share my first solo cruise experience here. Thank you again.

I will be cruising solo with NCL Breakaway on 9/22. I book it through the cruise line. I will see how it work out for me. ..... Wish me luck and I will share my first solo cruise experience here. Thank you again.

I'm looking forward to reading your review. I have thought about taking a cruise as part of NCL's solo cruise program, too. I hope it turns out to be a great experience.

On my most recent cruise a group formed out of the message board roll call. We hung out together. We did a sail-away together, a formal meeting with the crew, another sail-away party, a dinner, and a shore excursion. :)

I am hoping to meet new friends to sail and do the same things with. I don't understand why more of my single friends do not want to go on a cruise unless it is with someone they are dating. I see myself being a solo cruiser for a long time and I'm looking forward to it. :D

I am hoping to meet new friends to sail and do the same things with. I don't understand why more of my single friends do not want to go on a cruise unless it is with someone they are dating. I see myself being a solo cruiser for a long time and I'm looking forward to it. :D

I know what you mean about some people. I don't see why they cannot go on a ship solo. That never stops me :p Some will say that they wish to see a particular movie but cannot find anyone to go with them. No problem here ! I go to the movies solo all the time.

Hi, yes people talk about Cruise Critic all the time. Some folks have never heard of it while others know all about it.

Nothing about it is "hush hush"....besides meeting other folks on your

roll call, there is some really wonderful information on all the forums.

From ports of call to fashions......it is a great website.

Hope you have a good cruise:)

Decided to book a last minute cruise last week w/ BFF. BFFs mom took a fall now I'm cruising solo in July. Me, 43, single, no kids, love to cruise, love Disney World, love to do anything that involves getting on a plane and seeing something different. LOL!! I'm cruising on the Elation out of New Orleans. Charbroiled oysters and ACMEs shrimp po-boy here I come!!!

I'm excited, nervous and anxious all at the same time. 2 MORE WEEKS!!