Galveston/New ride share company

golfpccc

Just read about a new ride share company operating between Houston airports and Galveston called Get Me. Works the same as Uber - Uber is not allowed in Galveston. They have a discount code GCT that you can enter when you pay for 50% off. Google them or go to Galveston cruise tips dot com for all the information.

I am extremely interested in this service. Anyone actually used them from Houston hobby to the Galveston port? Good or bad experience? Price? I was planning on using uber but that is no go. Price is a motivating factor. We were going to use galveston express, and still may do that, but we will have to hotel shuttle back to the airport which is OK but an inconvenience.

Anyone used them from Galveston to Hobby? Especially early in the morning as we plan on self assisting off as early as possible.

2 adults. 2 bags.

Thanks! I hope getme is the answer!

• 3 months later...
I'm interested too? Anyone used this recently?

They were vetted by City of Galveston and agreed to all terms of operation with City.

Über did not agree and walked away . Uber cannot operate legally in Galveston .

Edited by ssb

Thank you, have you ever used them?

We are lucky enough to Live in Galveston ! We do not have a need for their services.

Our pet/house sitter takes us to terminal when cruising out of Galveston. We drive our car to airports when cruising out of other ports in US or internationally.

Edited by ssb

• 1 month later...
Where? The cost of going somewhere to get another form of transportation would negate any savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we want to rent a car for 3 days but it is very expensive to pick up and drop off at enterprise.( it would be an additional 200$ just for the drop off at a different location) i was wondering if the Get Me people could pick me up on the main land at avis after we dropped the rental car off the morning of the cruise and take us to the port and then on the way back from the ship take us to the rental car place and we would drive to Houston- our flight does not leave until 8 at night. with the rental car we could store our luggage in it and sitesee since southwest does not let you drop off your luggage that early. unless you know of a luggage storage place in houston that would deliver our luggage at the time we need it to the airport

Used Uber to get from Hobby Hotel to port -quick and easy. Tons of drivers available. Tried to use GetMe to go from ship to Hobby - no drivers available even though I pre-arranged with them to have a driver. You would think with two ships in port, they would have drivers. Took a taxi instead.

Do not count on GetMe to get you.