day pass for hotels in Papette,Morea, Bora Bora

atlaturne

My husband and I have been checking on Bora Bora for the last month with various high end resorts - we have been very specific about a day pass that included transfers, pool/beach time, spa and lunch. Every resort we contacted has some sort of package...but most have a limitation or two, whether it be transfers or being allowed at the pool. It took us every bit of 4 weeks to get information back from each resort and I think we will end up going with Bora Bora Hilton Nui. It also helps that they have good snorkeling from the resort. :) They have a great package and transfers that work with our schedule. We have found contact info with the resorts on each of their websites. I would think it would be the same for the other islands.

If case anyone is interested here is my reply from the IC Hotel Groups for day passes to their beaches in FP

Hello Trisha.

Let me show you the results for Moorea and Bora Bora (There are two InterContinental Resorts in Bora Bora: "Le Moana" on the principal island, and "the Thalasso" on a motu!)

INTERCONTINENTAL MOOREA RESORT

There is the "Pool and Fare Hana lunch formula":

• a bath towel

• Access to the beach and deckchairs*

• Access to the pool and deckchairs* from 11.30am to 5.00pm

*subject to availability

+ 2 courses (starter and dishes or dishes and dessert) : 5 500 cfp

or +3 courses: 7 670 cpf

(Beverage not included)

There is also the Hélène Spa at the InterContinental Moorea Resort where you can have a treatment (ask for the spa menu to know prices)

INTERCONTINENTAL BORA BORA RESORT & THALASSO SPA

No day passes:

You can’t have access to the pool but if you go to the restaurant, you can go to the beach. You can also have a drink at the Motu Iti Bar.

For 4500 cfp, you can have access to the Deep Ocean spa’s facilities (hammam, swimming spa, steam baths, tea room, experience shower, cold bath …) --> but treatments are much more interesting because if you pay for a treatment, you automatically have access to spa facilities! (if you go to the Deep Ocean Spa, transfers from the InterContinental Resort Le Moana to the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa are free!)

INTERCONTINENTAL BORA BORA LE MOANA RESORT

The InterContinental Le Moana Resort’s "beach pass" (6500 cfp) includes a lunch (with a drink) and beach access. Unfortunately, you can’t have access to the pool.

If you are interested by the Deep Ocean Spa at the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, a reservation must be done before your arrival.

If you need any details, don't hesitate

We stay at the Le Moana before our cruises in FP--I don't see how they would know if you belonged there or not--have never seen a monitor or anything like that at the pool--although we have seen the pool from the dining terrace--we choose the beach--free kayaks-I think that the only thing they could check on might be the towels at the end of the pier--I can't remember--seems to me you just ask for towels and go on your way. I just can't figure how they can tell if you are a hotel guest or not.

Nancy:D

I will be on a cruise ship at Papeete overnight on a Friday night. I would like to go to the (expensive, I know) Friday night buffet at the IC to see the show with Les Grands Ballets de Tahiti. Obviously we will not be resident guests at the hotel. Can we go to the show as "walk-ins"? Is that something like a day pass sort of deal? What does anyone know about this? Suggestions?

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

The only one I found Id pay for was the InterContinental in Bora Bora

Most of the other Islands will let you camp out for the day if your buying food and drink. My tip to stay current on who will and who won't let you use their beaches and equipment is ask the crew, they always know where the free stuff is. Be warned have a good understanding of the exchange rate, and keep in mind its really expensive shoreside!

Archived