Captain's Club

ommthree

Hello,

I have a beginner's question or two about the captain's club.

-Are points allocated per booking or per person? So, should my wife and son also set up an account or will I get their points on my account too?

-Do the points expire at some point or are they there for life?

Many thanks!

Hello,

-Are points allocated per booking or per person? So, should my wife and son also set up an account or will I get their points on my account too?

Many thanks!

Set up accounts for each of you. If you sail a 7 night cruise in a veranda each of you get 21 points. If only you have a Captains Club number you will get 21 points not 63.

There is no expiration on points.

You each need individual accounts.

Each of you can get points. But there's no way for one person to get all the points.

If a person travels alone in a stateroom, they get double points, but since you won't be alone, you'll only get your own points (21 for 7 nights in a veranda, 14 for 7 nights in an inside, etc.)

Hello,

Many thanks!

Your wife will need a separate Captains Club number than you and then set up her account. Also, if you son is under 18 he cannot join now but can do so when he turns 18. Make sure you save his sailing card as when he does turn 18, he will be credited with all cruises taken prior to age 18.

Points are for life.

Edited by dkjretired

Earn Club Points based on the stateroom category and the number of nights you sail. The higher the stateroom category you select, the more Club Points you will earn each night.

Guests traveling solo in a stateroom and paying full fare earn Double Club Points on each sailing.

Very interesting, but it doesn't answer the question. Try to cut and paste something else that is relevant

Thank you. I have felt like saying this so many times ... often, the "official" Celebrity poster might just as well say "here is some vaguely relevant information; for more details, please see our web site, where your question will not be answered either." Why bother posting this kind of thing?

Earn Club Points based on the stateroom category and the number of nights you sail. The higher the stateroom category you select, the more Club Points you will earn each night.

Guests traveling solo in a stateroom and paying full fare earn Double Club Points on each sailing.

How does this address the OP's question?

If one of you (husband/wife) gets to a new "level" you both get that level...in case that applies to you.

This only works if you always together. If the wife goes on a girls only holiday, she will get the benefits and credits for that cruise and the husband won't. Then she might go to a higher tier and when the husband travels alone he will be at his tier. But if someone in a cabin is at a higher tier, than the other person will get the benefits of that higher tier.

If one of you (husband/wife) gets to a new "level" you both get that level...in case that applies to you.

This only works if you always together. If the wife goes on a girls only holiday, she will get the benefits and credits for that cruise and the husband won't. Then she might go to a higher tier and when the husband travels alone he will be at his tier. But if someone in a cabin is at a higher tier, than the other person will get the benefits of that higher tier.

I'm sorry, but that is not right. (or at least not what happened to us).

we are both elite plus, and only one of us had earned enough points. I sailed a couple of cruises with our kids, without spouse, so she has less points.

She is still elite plus!

Is it 18 or 21? I was told for our son who just turned 18 that he will have to wait till 21 to have a CC account X has told me. :confused: We have a cruise in September that he is going on.

Your wife will need a separate Captains Club number than you and then set up her account. Also, if you son is under 18 he cannot join now but can do so when he turns 18. Make sure you save his sailing card as when he does turn 18, he will be credited with all cruises taken prior to age 18.

Points are for life.

Could you please tell me what a "sailing card" is? I doubt if we have saved those over the years, for my almost 18 year old :(

We're new to Celebrity so how many points will we get for a 14 day cruise?

Tom😀

It depends on the level of cabin you book:

Points Earned per Night (Celebrity except Xpedition)

Inside/Ocean View 2

Veranda 3

Concierge Class/AquaClass 5

Sky, Century or AquaClass Suite 8

Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite 12

Reflection or Penthouse Suite 18

Points Earned per Night (Xpedition)

Oceanview, Deluxe, Premium 5

Junior, Xpedition Suite 12

Royal Suite, Penthouse Suite 18

Points are also shared with Azamara:

Points Earned per Night (Azamara)

Club Interior 2

Club Oceanview 3

Club Veranda 5

Club Continent Suites 8

Club Ocean and World Owner Suites 18

Could you please tell me what a "sailing card" is? I doubt if we have saved those over the years, for my almost 18 year old :(

The plastic room key you get when you board. If you don't have those, you should keep some proof of your child's sailing (e.g. Celebrity Confirmation showing name).

The plastic room key you get when you board. If you don't have those, you should keep some proof of your child's sailing (e.g. Celebrity Confirmation showing name).

The sailing card is the best item to give proof however they will accept receipts, pictures, or really anything proving you were on the ship. In some cases they may have it on the record, depends on how long ago since computer systems have changed over the years.

Does anyone know the age? 18 or 21? To have a CC account number. Anyone past experience?

I think 18? We came to Celebrity via Royal Caribbean a couple of years ago. Was frustrating that having first been given a Club number, our younger son age then aged 14 was disenfranchised. Elder son was already 21 so I can't confirm this though.