What to do in Belize with a 5 y/o and 9 y/o?

ssatterly

We have a 4 year old and plan on doing the snorkeling tour with Coral Breezes. Technically, she is not old enough to snorkel, but she is allowed to swim along side the boat. One of us (my wife or I) will be with her at all times. This way one of us can snorkel and the other will stay with the little one. At the next stop, we will switch. I hope it works as planned.

There does not seem to be alot to do there with kids can anyone help?

We went on the cave tour with my daughter and she loved it. She was 9 or 10. The tour guide Kristy still keeps in touch with her. She even tried the termites which she says taste like mint.Yum

we took our 5 year old on the Carnival ship booked Goff's Caye snorkel tour. They drop people who do not want to deep water snorkel at the island, for

guided snorkeling from the beach, and the boat then goes a little ways away for the deep water snorkelers. Belize SeaLand did our tour and they were terrific. My wife did not want to snorkel so that made it easy for us. She and our daughter went to the island to play in the sand while I snorkeled off the boat.

It's a 3 1/2 or 4 hour excursion including 20 min ride each way. it was

cheaper off the ship than the 2 tours I found that could have been booked

separately - and both never answered my emails anyway.

Bill - what kind of facilities are there are Goff's Caye - bathrooms, chairs, shade, places to walk around, etc. Also, was the snorkeling from the boat rough and was it a tough swim? My DH and I have snorkeled several times at Chanakaab in Cozumel but not off a boat and the waters were very calm. We love it! It's my understanding that the waters in Belize for snorkeling can be rough? The cost of the tour through Carnival is $59 per person. Did you feel it was worth it? Not having to tender into Belize is a plus and then you could have lunch on the ship and then still have time to explore the pier. My DH isn't crazy about river tubing and using an independent tour operator especially when you are cutting it close in terms of tendering off and on, etc. In all honesty, I'm concerned about times, too but know people do it all of the time. Also, $93 per person for river tubing through the ship is expensive.

Archived