Is is possible to see Keukenhof and Rijksmuseum on same day?

deardianne

We are on the Tulips and Windmills cruise on Skadi leaving on April 8, 2013.

An excursion to the Keukenhof Gardens is scheduled for April 16. We also would like to visit the Rijksmuseum, however, it doesn't re-open until April 13 and we will be in Antwerp.

So, is is possible to visit both on the same day (April 16)? The Rijks is open from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Does anyone know how long the Keukenhof Garden tour lasts?

If the tulips start to bloom, we will schedule a trip there on April 7, and that would solve the problem, but I guess there's no way to know for sure if they will be in bloom.

Any advice is appreciated.

Here is a link which will give you up-to-date information on Keukenhof on Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k6291950-Flower_update_1_Start_of_Spring_2013-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html

Looks unlikely to be able to view tulips on April 7 but things should improve by April 16.

You should be able to do both in one day.:)

Weather in The Netherlands is extremely colder then normal. It is almost impossible to see blooming tulips outside in the beginning of April, so it will be to visit Keukenhof later that month.

We are on the Tulips and Windmills cruise on Skadi leaving on April 8, 2013.

An excursion to the Keukenhof Gardens is scheduled for April 16. We also would like to visit the Rijksmuseum, however, it doesn't re-open until April 13 and we will be in Antwerp.

So, is is possible to visit both on the same day (April 16)? The Rijks is open from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Does anyone know how long the Keukenhof Garden tour lasts?

If the tulips start to bloom, we will schedule a trip there on April 7, and that would solve the problem, but I guess there's no way to know for sure if they will be in bloom.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hello Dianne!

We are on the same sailing of the Skadi - April 8. I'm hoping if we are lucky (and if it really warms up a bit!) we will have some outdoor tulips by April 16 at Kuekenhof and the surrounding fields. Maybe the earlier varieties...

The info received from Viking says we have the option to remain at Kuekenhof if we want to extend our day there. If we are going to try to see the Rijks it will be after we exit the ship on the 17th.

We arrive on April 6 and are still considering our touring options for pre-and post cruise as we fly back the 19th.

See you on board!

This is just my opinion, but I really wouldn't try to do Keukenhof and another tour in one day. We were at Keukenhof 5 hrs and still didn't see everything. It is spectacular, and I would have felt cheated if I'd had to leave early to try to squeeze in something else. After all, it is "Tulips and..." :) I know there are so many wonderful things to see in Amsterdam, it is tempting to want to see them all, and when conflicts of dates limit your options, it makes it frustrating, but don't shortchange yourself on one end by rushing through to get to another. JMO, of course.

Archived