Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Spain Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Spain Ports Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville

Old February 19th, 2012, 06:36 AM
5,000+ Club

Default Valencia HOHO stop by the port

Route B of the bus turistic has a stop called Puerto but it looks like it's a bit of a distance from the cruise ship dock. I understand that in addition to the shuttle into town (which RCCL charges for) there is a separate free shuttle that goes to the port entrance or somewhere in the area. Does anyone know if they drop you off close to the HOHO stop? Thanks.

Last edited by cruise pup; February 19th, 2012 at 06:37 AM.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

The free shuttle takes you from the ship to the port terminal building only (and vice-versa when you're ready to go back to the ship). From there you're on your own. I'm afraid I don't know how close the HOHO stop is.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:13 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FionaMG View Post
The free shuttle takes you from the ship to the port terminal building only (and vice-versa when you're ready to go back to the ship). From there you're on your own. I'm afraid I don't know how close the HOHO stop is.
Thanks. It is a bit of a hike from what I can tell. But I can always ask in the terminal building.

Carnival: Dream, Splendor(5), Conquest, Victory (4), Liberty, Freedom (2), Glory (2), Miracle(2), Holiday, Valor, Triumph (3),Breeze, Ecstasy. Total: 25 cruises
NCL: Norway, Leeward (2), Star (3), Sun, Jewel (3), Gem, Spirit (2), Epic, Dawn, Breakaway. Total: 16 cruises
Celebrity: Zenith, Galaxy, Century (2), Mercury, Millennium (4), Constellation (2), Summit(2). Total: 13 cruises
RCCL: Brilliance (2), Vision (2), Enchantment (4), Voyager (2), Liberty (2), Navigator (2), Explorer (2), Majesty, Monarch(2), Jewel, Mariner, Independence, Freedom, Legend, Grandeur. Total: 25 cruises
Princess: Grand (2), Caribbean (2), Crown (2), Diamond, Dawn. Total: 8 cruises
Cunard: QM2 (4). Total: 4 cruises
Renaissance: R2. Total: 1 cruise
Holland-America: Maasdam, Zaandam, Zuiderdam, Eurodam, Rotterdam. Total: 5 cruises
MSC-Divina. Total: 1 cruise
Grand Total: 90 cruises

Old March 14th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Cruise Pup! I think we're on the same TA (RCI LOS). There should be taxis right outside of the cruise terminal, I hope. I was thinking of grabbing a taxi to the old town and starting the HOHO tour there if there isn't a stop nearby. I want get a good overview of the town while getting some outdoor photos of the City of Arts/Sciences. Not sure if any of the ship's excursions will allow that.

**SAILED**
Apr 2012 - RCI Liberty of the Seas - Transatlantic
Sep 2010 - NCL Jade - Western Mediterranean
Oct 2009 - RCI Navigator of the Seas - Western Mediterranean

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:28 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken_Lips View Post
Hey Cruise Pup! I think we're on the same TA (RCI LOS). There should be taxis right outside of the cruise terminal, I hope. I was thinking of grabbing a taxi to the old town and starting the HOHO tour there if there isn't a stop nearby. I want get a good overview of the town while getting some outdoor photos of the City of Arts/Sciences. Not sure if any of the ship's excursions will allow that.
Yes, there is a tour that goes into the city to see the old town and then heads over to the City of Arts and Sciences. I don't think there's time to go into any of the pavilions although from the looks at the entrance fees, you wouldn't want to pay unless you could spend the entire day there.
Check out VN12 Valencia Arts and Sciences Museum (4 hrs):

Travel along Avenida del Puerto, cross the river and continue on Gran Via and Calle Jativa with views of the Bullring and Central Station. Upon arrival at the Central Market, begin your guided walking tour of the square. Admire the Gothic style buildings of the Silk Exchange. Reboard your coach and enjoy a panoramic drive with highlights that include the Carmen Quarter, Torre de Quart, and Casa de Beneficencia. Next, visit the fascinating City of Arts and Sciences, a collection of museums in a futuristic setting. Afterwards, proceed to Torres de Serrano to view the Plaza de la Virgen and the exterior of the Cathedral. There will be limited free time before returning to the ship.

Carnival: Dream, Splendor(5), Conquest, Victory (4), Liberty, Freedom (2), Glory (2), Miracle(2), Holiday, Valor, Triumph (3),Breeze, Ecstasy. Total: 25 cruises
NCL: Norway, Leeward (2), Star (3), Sun, Jewel (3), Gem, Spirit (2), Epic, Dawn, Breakaway. Total: 16 cruises
Celebrity: Zenith, Galaxy, Century (2), Mercury, Millennium (4), Constellation (2), Summit(2). Total: 13 cruises
RCCL: Brilliance (2), Vision (2), Enchantment (4), Voyager (2), Liberty (2), Navigator (2), Explorer (2), Majesty, Monarch(2), Jewel, Mariner, Independence, Freedom, Legend, Grandeur. Total: 25 cruises
Princess: Grand (2), Caribbean (2), Crown (2), Diamond, Dawn. Total: 8 cruises
Cunard: QM2 (4). Total: 4 cruises
Renaissance: R2. Total: 1 cruise
Holland-America: Maasdam, Zaandam, Zuiderdam, Eurodam, Rotterdam. Total: 5 cruises
MSC-Divina. Total: 1 cruise
Grand Total: 90 cruises

Last edited by cruise pup; March 15th, 2012 at 12:29 AM.