Champagne Reef - Distance from Port? Also Question about Bumpiing Wet Tour

profteedee

We want to do some snorkeling and have read about Champagne Reef. Does anyone know how far it is from the cruise port? We will be on the Celebrity Equinox in April.

Also, we are considering the Roseau Valley Treasures Tour which takes you to Champagne Reef, Titou Gorge etc. For those who have done the tour, how much time do you spend driving from place to place? We did a river tubing tour the last time that we were in Dominica and it seemed like we drove forever on rather winding and rough roads (got a little nauseous!):( This time, we would rather not spend lots of time driving in a minibus/van.

Thanks in advance for your kind reponses.

We want to do some snorkeling and have read about Champagne Reef. Does anyone know how far it is from the cruise port? We will be on the Celebrity Equinox in April.

Also, we are considering the Roseau Valley Treasures Tour which takes you to Champagne Reef, Titou Gorge etc. For those who have done the tour, how much time do you spend driving from place to place? We did a river tubing tour the last time that we were in Dominica and it seemed like we drove forever on rather winding and rough roads (got a little nauseous!):( This time, we would rather not spend lots of time driving in a minibus/van.

Thanks in advance for your kind reponses.

We did Levi's "wet" tour last week. I did not feel like we were driving too much at all. I am the same way - spending all day in a bus looking at stuff would be torture for me. And I tend to get queasy on windy roads too, and I did not have a problem at all on this tour. Each stop is active, then you get in the van, have a drink, dry off a bit, and you're at the next stop soon after. I'd highly recommend the tour - it is great. Champagne Reef is hard to get in and out but worth it once you get out there. All the stops are great.

• 7 months later...
Unable to find this on his website. Where else does it go besides Champagne reef? Time and cost?

ROSEAU VALLEY TREASURES is the 'wet tour' on his web-site. Took me a bit to figure it out too. I have it reserved for March so can't comment on how good it is. Cost is $50 per adult including entrances and beverages but no food. In his confirmation it said tour will be between 5 - 6 hours with a maximum of 12 people in the van.

Have done that tour with Bumpiing Tours twice on separate visits to the island. I cannot recommend highly enough! You will NOT be disappointed. Amazing island, fantastic tour and Levi is amazing! You'll have a great experience.

Good to hear. We are very much looking forward to it. In March of this year we had thought of doing a tour but it turned out unexpectedly that we were there on Fat Tuesday for Carnival. No way we were going to miss that so had a blast watching all the parades and costumes.

It is one of the reasons we booked the identical cruise for this winter so we can really visit Dominica this year.

• 2 months later...

I've done the wet tour twice with Levi. Just back from my 3rd visit to Dominica and did the Kalinago Village and Emerald Pool tour (which was also great). I didn't mind the long drive up to the northern part of the island. The vistas are beautiful. I take island tours because I want to see the island not just the end destination.

My experience with all the volcanic, mountainous islands is that you'll be in smallish vans on winding roads. They don't have superhighways through the middle of the rain forests. ;) And the vans aren't designed for Super-Sized Americans, either, so expect the seating to be tight.

We had 4 island tours in a row and I had some motion-sickness issues. I started taking 1/2 Bonine in the morning (and my ginger root) and was fine after that.