Dream Review May 11-18, 2014

Mysticks1

Grand Lucayan Beach Resort - one thing that I didn't mention before is that you have to pay for the day pass in cash. You just go to the security guard booth and pay there. They will put an armband on you that will show you are a day guest. We didn't eat there but I saw several people there with meals that looked good. There is a bar by the pool as well.

Thanks for the review! The ship horns are my favorite part of cruising. I could listen to them all day. I loved the bagpipes!! We are on this ship and same itinerary November 16. Will be my 4 th cruise and counting!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What was included in the $125 per person charged at Atlantis?

Access to all of the grounds, the Dig (Aquarium) and the waterpark. They have beach towels that you can use while there but you have to rent a locker if you want one.

Thanks for the review! Questions: Which Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships have you been on? This is our first time on Carnival since the small, older ships went out of NO about ten years ago...and I must say, we weren't impressed by the comparison. We are booked on this ship as we are taking our 2 grand daughters, ages 8 and 16, and are driving.

Do you have to make a reservation to park in the garage for the port?

Re: the spa, do you think my 16 year old could go to the thalasso pool, steam room, etc accompanied by me? It says on their website 18 and older, just wondering how picky they would be as we are staying in a spa cabin too.

Why did you get a free bottle of wine? Does this come with spa category?

Lastly, when did you book FTTF? Wondering if it's worth 100.00 as we have two adjoining cabins.

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the review! Questions: Which Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships have you been on? This is our first time on Carnival since the small, older ships went out of NO about ten years ago...and I must say, we weren't impressed by the comparison. We are booked on this ship as we are taking our 2 grand daughters, ages 8 and 16, and are driving.

Do you have to make a reservation to park in the garage for the port?

Re: the spa, do you think my 16 year old could go to the thalasso pool, steam room, etc accompanied by me? It says on their website 18 and older, just wondering how picky they would be as we are staying in a spa cabin too.

Why did you get a free bottle of wine? Does this come with spa category?

Lastly, when did you book FTTF? Wondering if it's worth 100.00 as we have two adjoining cabins.

Thanks!!!

On Celebrity we were on the Solstice when she was new (only out about 6 months.) We were in an Aquaclass cabin which is their equivalent to a spa cabin. On RCI we have been on Mariner of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas in balcony cabins. The Dream is in no way comparable to the smaller Carnival ships, it is much nicer. I sailed on the Fantasy out of New Orleans back in 2006 and it has nothing to compare to what is on the Dream. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Dream again.

The parking garage is first come first served, no reservation needed there, just a credit card to give them as you pay as you go in and your boarding docs to show them you are on the outgoing cruise.

I do not think they will allow anyone under the age of 18 into the spa as you have to check in at the desk. You must give them your S&S card and they will give you an access key to those rooms. To be perfectly honest I don't think it would be right for them to bend the age rules. It is an area that is supposed to be free of children and that was part of the appeal to me, a quiet place to get away from them.

The bottle of wine in the steak house was for booking on the first night of the cruise. I believe it is a standard promotion for them. You get a choice of red or white only, no choice of brands, etc.

I booked FTTF at least 6 months out from the cruise. If you are undecided about FTTF at this time I would book it if available now and then cancel later if you decide you don't want it since it is hard to come by.