Dumbest Questions Asked

mbjboyle

I'm infatuated with stupid questions people ask while on a cruise. For some reason, the moment some step foot aboard a ship they lose their rational thought process.

I overheard a cruiser request to speak with the captain to tell him to, "move the boat because the seas are too rough and I don't want to spill my wine."

There's always the list of questions presented by the CD, and I believe each should be printed at Guest Services reminding passengers what not to ask. However, please add to this thread the dumbest, most ridiculous question and/or request you have had the pleasure of over-hearing aboard. Thanks!:)

What time is the midnight buffet?

Are there beaches on the island?

Is the island totally surrounded by water?

Will this elevator take me to the front of the ship?

Is the water in the pool rough because it's seawater?

Does the ship generate its own electricity?

Does the crew live onboard?

How much are the tickets for the tender?

How can I tell which pictures are ours?

Do these steps go up or down?

Is the water in the toilet fresh or salt water?

Do we have to go to the mandatory lifeboat drill?

Will the DJ play music in the disco?

Do you grow your own food onboard?

What do you do with the ice carvings after they've melted?

What temperature are the ice cubes kept at?

I'm infatuated with stupid questions people ask while on a cruise. For some reason, the moment some step foot aboard a ship they lose their rational thought process.

I overheard a cruiser request to speak with the captain to tell him to, "move the boat because the seas are too rough and I don't want to spill my wine."

There's always the list of questions presented by the CD, and I believe each should be printed at Guest Services reminding passengers what not to ask. However, please add to this thread the dumbest, most ridiculous question and/or request you have had the pleasure of over-hearing aboard. Thanks!:)

What time is the midnight buffet?

Are there beaches on the island?

Is the island totally surrounded by water?

Will this elevator take me to the front of the ship?

Is the water in the pool rough because it's seawater?

Does the ship generate its own electricity?

Does the crew live onboard?

How much are the tickets for the tender?

How can I tell which pictures are ours?

Do these steps go up or down?

Is the water in the toilet fresh or salt water?

Do we have to go to the mandatory lifeboat drill?

Will the DJ play music in the disco?

Do you grow your own food onboard?

What do you do with the ice carvings after they've melted?

What temperature are the ice cubes kept at?

Dare I ask it? Did you sleep with a Cruise Directer to get those questions?:rolleyes:

john

Returning from life boat drill one time, we were instructed NOT to take our life jackets off for safety reasons, 'til we got back to our cabins.

A sweet young thing came up to me in a passage way, and asked. 'Will you please read my cabin number for me, as I don't know where to go?':)

john

• 4 weeks later...
When cruising in Alaska, I was so enchanted by the snowcapped peaks and glaciers around us while getting off the ship that I asked "what elevation are we at?"

I have to admit this had me laughing - after thinking for a second how high Alaska was - duhhh :o

When cruising in Alaska, I was so enchanted by the snowcapped peaks and glaciers around us while getting off the ship that I asked "what elevation are we at?"

When I went on my Alaskan cruise, somebody asked that question. My roommate didn't know why I thought that was funny and asked me, "Well, what elevation ARE we at?"

When I went on my Alaskan cruise, somebody asked that question. My roommate didn't know why I thought that was funny and asked me, "Well, what elevation ARE we at?"

I'm laughing so hard right now I think I woke up my son. It's only that funny to me because I had to think about it for a minute and then the lightbulb turned on...."Drrrrr...you're at sea level!"

• 5 weeks later...

We just got on the forward port side elevator on deck 8 (pool deck) and noticed that the floor of the elevator was very wet, someone had failed to dry off before returning to their cabin. The elevator floor was marble and with the water, it constituted a slip hazard.

We stopped by the reception desk on deck 4 to let them know and recommend that it be cleaned up before someone got hurt.

The exchange went like this...

Us: "We just got off the forward port side elevator and there is a significant amount of water on floor of the elevator. You should have someone clean it be before a guest slips and falls on it."

Receptionist asked with a straight face, "What deck is the elevator on?".

Us: "Forward elevator, port side."

Receptionist: "Ok, what floor is is on?".

Us: "It was on deck four when we got off, the elevator could be on any deck now. The forward elevator, port side. Someone could slip and hurt themselves on the wet floor."

Receptionist: "Ok, but what floor is it on?"

Us: "It's an elevator. It may be on any floor."

Receptionist: "Oh, ok, thanks."

Not sure the receptionist ever really got the point.

Some years ago we ran into a single gentleman from our part of the world, who, unfortunately did not seem 'quite right'.

On the first day he told us that he could not get cold water from his tap, after running it for ten minutes, and on second day he asked us to 'Come and listen to my toilet, it does not sound right'. We declined, and thankfully were able to avoid him after that.

john

• 2 weeks later...

Laughing so hard, had to share with DH. His response: And these people are allowed to reproduce!!!

Archived