Vancouver Hotel ?

We will be arriving mid-afternoon the day before our cruise leaving from Vancouver. We need a not too expensive but clean/nice hotel, nothing fancy, for just the 1 night. If we have any time at all to see any sights in Vancouver for even a couple of hours, what might be worthwhile to see either close to a hotel near airport or a hotel near cruise port? That might make our minds up for us. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have stayed at the Blue Horizon and would definitely return. I would recommend a trip on Vancouver Trolley Hop-On/Hop-off (http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/) that has a stop right outside the Blue Horizon. It will give you a great overview of Vancouver, and you can hop off to see anything you are interested in. I believe they have two-day tickets as well.

One of my favorite things is a walk along the part of the Seawall that runs from Canada Place, the cruiseterminal, to Stanley Park.

Last year we stayed at the Ramada Inn downtown. A small boutique hotel. These year we choose the delta vancouver suites. One block from Canada Place. About 5 mins walk from gastown. 2 minutes to the train station. It's a great location and nice hotel.