Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 42

pierces

Lots of fun dog and flower pictures posted for this week. Yesterday, there was lots of college football fun, including six of the top twelve teams facing each other. Three good, top-ranked teams had to lose. One game featured a tough battle in Michigan. I did not get to see all of the Michigan hosting Michigan State game on TV as I was getting ready to head down to Ohio Stadium for the battle of our number-one-ranked Ohio State team being on national TV versus Penn State.

No. 12 Michigan looked to be winning and super strong, until No. 7 Michigan State came back and had a dramatic finish in the final ten seconds to win 27-23. I was at a pre-game tail-gate party at Ohio Stadium and heard lots of loud cheers in the parking lot areas as the return of a fumbled punt allowed MSU to win. One ESPN writer called it: "A finish for the ages at the Big House". Michigan State coach Dantonio said: "Football is a crazy, crazy game. You can't hardly explain it." That game at Ann Arbor had a jammed crowd of 111,740 there. USA Today called this battle: "quintessential college football".

Ohio State did beat Penn State 38-10 last night. We were there, 10th row on the 10-yard line. Below you can see some of my visual highlights, including a band half-time show that saluted the 50th Anniversary of the British Invasion with their wonderful music of that era. What was the game atmosphere? It was a night game with 108,423 fans attending in the "blacked-out" crowd, marking this the second-highest attended game in the history of this famed, horseshoe-shaped, Ohio Stadium. The OSU team was wearing special black uniforms from Nike. In November will be the big show-downs with Ohio State hosting Michigan State on Nov. 21 and going to Ann Arbor, Michigan, for "The Game" on Nov. 28.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 124,181 views for this posting.

Here is a sampling from last night's nationally-televised game of Ohio State versus Penn State. Two college programs with great football history!! These pictures give a sampling of the pre-game fireworks, band action including a salute to the British music greatness, successful football runs by star running back Ezekiel Elliott and QB J.T. Barrett, etc. Next Sunday in London, the OSU Marching Band will be there to play at half-time of the NFL game in the UK with Buffalo vs. Jacksonville in Wembley Stadium.:

Oct2015PixsA2_zpsce950fv1.jpg

Oct2015PixsA1_zps3atfmdg6.jpg

Oct2015PixsA4_zpsrzipb252.jpg

Oct2015PixsA3_zpsjf8drdv2.jpg

Oct2015PixsA5_zpsdrbdqf58.jpg

Oct2015PixsA6_zpsju88xxxv.jpg

First time taking baby photos. I was supposed to due them as newborn, but the mom had severe nerve damage issues that affected her legs and this was our first opportunity to get together.

22262792322_87a30faa21_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

22249611806_a20072b21c_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

22087905428_985fb85c40_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

22282778395_16ace39b43_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

22293301661_cdde01831f_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

Great series from the game!

Appreciate the nice comment above for my Saturday college football sharing, plus the fun, interesting baby and gnome pictures.

Below are three fall visuals from around at home yesterday.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 30,936 views for these postings.

The busy and pretty fall season is in full swing here in Ohio. First, here is one of my wife's wreaths up on a door. She has got to have these decorations reflecting the changing seasons!! Look good with the sun on it? We have lots of big oak and other trees on our wooded, ravine lot in the middle of the city. Here are two visuals where the sun played nicely off of the varied leaves at this colorful time of the year. But, then I must clean up the leaves!!??:

Oct2015PixsA7_zpspkbk4xij.jpg

Oct2015PixsA8_zps7e8mb7qp.jpg

Oct2015PixsA9_zpsvstvakkq.jpg

Didn't get as much shooting in this weekend as I would have liked, but as a consolation prize for a Saturday spent negotiating in a dealership, I did pick up a new car! Decided I needed to take a few shots of it...it's an Audi Allroad Quattro, black on black:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

My last car was a sedan, but before that I had two wagons in a row - now I am back to the wagons again! I love performance wagons - all the driving dynamics of a sports car, all the interior room of an SUV...best of both worlds for me.

Congrats on the new cool car, Justin! I'm sporting a new camera: sold all the Sony stuff (except RX100 & RX10) and switched to micro 4/3 - Olympus omd em10 mark ii. I'm really enjoying the small form and light weight backpack!

Here's a couple shots from last weekend:

Geese%20at%20Watershed%20Nature%20Center-L.jpg

Fall%20Leaves%20at%20Watershed%20Nature%20Center-L.jpg

First time taking baby photos. I was supposed to due them as newborn, but the mom had severe nerve damage issues that affected her legs and this was our first opportunity to get together.

22262792322_87a30faa21_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

22249611806_a20072b21c_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

22087905428_985fb85c40_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

22282778395_16ace39b43_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

22293301661_cdde01831f_b.jpgInfant by SHARON OBERHOLZER, on Flickr

Really, really beautiful - the family must be very pleased with these!

I have to agree Sharon. The baby pictures are very nice!

Dave

Thank you Dave!

Just found out this week that I am going to be a grandma again!!!! I will have the opportunity to try out the the few newborn props that this little one was too big for :)

October 18, at TCF Bank Stadium - their temporary home until the new stadium is complete downtown.

Taking outdoor pictures can be a challenge this time of year with the lower sun angle causing sharper contrast. I had end zone seats so had to contend with the goalposts and wires much of the time.

Show your horns!

VikingsChiefs033-XL.jpg

Adrian Peterson breaks one:

VikingsChiefs135-XL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...