funny questions about cruising

snowy owl

What are some of the funniest questions you've heard about cruising. Like.....What time is the two o'clock tour?.........Does the crew sleep on board the ship?..........Etc...:D

Hello. My name is Irene and I've cruised the valor last january. Had a great time--the ship is large and beautiful. A funny question I heard was "does the ship have it's own power generator?" to which the cruise director answered, no, we stretch an extra long extension cord from miami to all the ports."

Went on a group cruise with family and friends last year and most had never been on a cruise, their first time. A friend and her daughter went through the entire process of embarkation, followed the line onto the ship and stood there in awe and looked around. Friend said 'Where do we go from here? How do we get on the ship?'

• 6 months later...

What do you do with the beautiful ice carvings after they melt?

Is this island completely surrounded by water?

Are you sure that our oceanview cabin will be above the waterline of the ship?

Why don't inside cabins have a porthole/window?

Can I use American currency in Alaska?

I want to be on the port side of the ship! (We asked why.) That way I can always see the port! (For those that didn't get this, port is the nautical theme for the left side of the ship, and has nothing to do with which side faces town.)

Do you have to leave the ship to take a shore excursion?

There's the ever popular, How high above sea level are we? Uh, what deck are you on?

Then there was the lady that called the desk to say she couldn't ge out of her cabin becase there was a do not disturb sign on the door.

Seems like every CD has the same jokes.

When we were on the Magica, I took to reading the signs. My favorite was on the back of the toilet that said Do Not Flush Whilst Seated. Don't you know somewhere along the way some schmuck actually tried it and broke his arm? :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was on the Explorer of The Seas in December of 01. We were on RCCL's Private Island Labadee. We were some of the last ones to leave the island and we were just lounging in a couple of the hammocs when someone asked "so are you guys on the ship"... HMM No we live here!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While on an outside deck, cruising the Florida Straits, a guy as me if the the

water was salt or fresh. I said the water on port side was salt, but on the starboard side was fresh. He thanked me and said he just won a bet he had with his wife.

• 2 weeks later...

When I worked at a travel agency years ago, a woman was there to book a cruise. The agent asked her if she preferred an inside or outside cabin and she said "Inside, of course, outside would be too cold at night!"

Not cruise related, but another woman was asked for her flight if she wanted a window or aisle seat and she said "Not by the window - I like to get my hair done just before I travel."

This one isn't really a question.... The first time we took our kids on a cruise my DH told them not to dive too deep in the pool because when they surface the ship might have left them behind. Kids are soooo gullible.

Not cruise related, but my mother never could swim. HER mother insisted that she should not go into the water 'til she could swim! john

As a former 1st officer I have tons of stories about stupid questions asked during bridge tours or other occasions. Sometimes the guests' ignorance is so clear that I feel embarrased for them. One man managed to ask if the Caribbean Sea was salt or freash water. Another man came up to me and asked what time the midnight buffet was.

When we officers walked around the ship, the same stuuupid question from some fat, dumb, american with a hillbilly accent came up "Heeeyy, who's driving the boat (not ship)..

It is also very amuzing to read the summary of comment cards after every cruise. Some ignorants had a crappy cruise because there were no instructions in how to use the shower. Others managed to write that they'd hated the food in a certain restaurant, and ate there 6 out of 7 nights!

Archived