Disabled excursions in Southern Caribbean

scottyg

In April 2017, I'm going on RCCL's Navigator of the seas for a 9 day Southern Caribbean Cruise. We go to port in Aruba, Bonaire & Curacao. I'm a 8 year Stroke survivor. I use a cane, limp and use a scooter. Are their any accessible (easy!) excursions you have been on in those ports that you'd recommend?

Thanks!!!!

Scott & Hope

• 2 months later...

I hAve limited mobility and use a manual wheelchair or scooter. In Curaçao the ship's dock very close to the town. It is on the flat, so easy to get into the town by yourself. In Aruba (our least favourite island) we just took a tour from the port, but I can manage the steps to get onto a small mini bus. They would be easy to accommodate a folding wheelchair.

Haven't been to Bonaire. I think in the Caribbean it is easier with a collapsible wheelchair than a scooter. As long as you can do a few steps you can easily pick up a tour at the port.

Since your cruise in in 2017 you should have time to contact tour companies directly on those islands and ask what they have for disabled. My DIL used a scooter while in the Caribbean. We found tours from vendors right at the dock that made room for her scooter and took us all over. She can walk short distances. One tour took us to a resort that had paths for her to move about, then walk to the water to swim-with that my DH helped her. I find most of the dockside tour promoters are accomodating.

Trying to judge the walk for both parents if they will need scooters. How long is the walk in Grand Cayman from pier to a taxi?

Is Grand Cayman similar in length of a walk to Cozumel or a good deal shorter walk?

Anyone used Max Taxi or Jennifer's or any other private tour company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trying to judge the walk for both parents if they will need scooters. How long is the walk in Grand Cayman from pier to a taxi?

Is Grand Cayman similar in length of a walk to Cozumel or a good deal shorter walk?

Anyone used Max Taxi or Jennifer's or any other private tour company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I replied in great length to your post on the RCCL Forum . Refer to Post#30 of this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2233393&page=2

In addition also refer to the following links

Edited by xxoocruiser