Rivera Deck and Dining on Fantasy ?

bizzybmama

We are going on the Fantasy next month and we just got our room assignments. We have been booked on the Rivera deck mid ship. Anyone have any info on this deck? Last time was our first cruise and we stayed on the Empress deck. It was nice being so close to everything but the Rivera is 3 floors lower.

Also is there breakfast/brunch served in the MDR? Last time we went there only for dinner as I thought that was all there was served there. I think I remember seeing/reading that they do breakfast/brunch in the MDR in the morning as well. I thought I might give it a try this time if they do.

Edited by bizzybmama

I have stayed on most decks and have to day that the Riviera and Main decks are my favorite... Yes, you are a distance away from things, but elevators make it easy... But, the main reason is that the decks are far away from the hustle and bustle of the regular traffic and are usually very quiet.... It is priceless. The upper decks are usually pretty noisy and have tons of screaming people and kids running through, or music blaring up or down to your room...

Yes, Breakfast/Lunch is now called Seaday Brunch, with a combined smaller menu, but OK... I liked the separate lunch menu, but change happens.

Edited by poison7fl

I've been on Riviera many times, no problems at all. I also like being away from all the foot traffic that you get on Empress, especially the middle cabins as people walk back and forth from the aft dining room and the atrium.

I usually take the stairs, but I've never found it hard to get elevators on the Fantasy class ships. They wisely designed them with three banks of stairs and elevators (forward, mid-ship and aft) so you're never far from them.

I liked the brunch concept since it had a nice mixture of available dishes and had breakfast offerings later into the day.