I said YES!!!! Now what

cruisemiluv28

Got a call for an up grade and I said yes. I had a Lido balcony midship port side. Now while out shopping for my upcoming cruise this evening got a call from Carnival pretty much fluffing me up with the wonders of ocean view suite mid ship deck 7. When he said for only $340 total. I said sold. I said yes, yes, yesThis trip is a surprise for my mom for Mother's Day. I had fttf that I got for the old price because now I have a suite I cancelled thinking I don't need it. Now I'm having second thought about canceling fttf. Are the perks of the suite the same as fttf? I really want the luggage express, skipping the line at customer service. I went to purchase it again now it the new price. What to do:confused:

Are the perks of the suite the same as fttf? I really want the luggage express, skipping the line at customer service.

The only perk you get for booking a suite is priority boarding. In order to have the rest of the FTTF perks, unless you are in a VIFP category that includes them (Platinum or above), you have to have FTTF.

Whatever you choose to do, have a great cruise!!!

computer froze and now someone else got my fttf. oh well:mad:

Don't worry about it. With a suite, you don't need FTTF, priority embarkation comes with suites!! :D Enjoy your cruise (and your suite)!!!! :D

Don't worry about it. With a suite, you don't need FTTF, priority embarkation comes with suites!! :D Enjoy your cruise (and your suite)!!!! :D

Also priority debarkation. But you don't get priority tendering with a Suite as you would with FTTF.

Same offer we just got, but we kept our FTTF... I kept it for the luggage express, the cabin being ready upon our arrival and for the tendering in Grand Cayman.. All what the Suite couldn't provide... It's worth the $50. I think to keep it, this way we're really going to have hopefully no hassles.

The only things you won't get is the priority Guest Services line and the priority tendering .. If you are not going to any ports that require tendering, i would just consider it $50 less you spent on that upgrade. So now your upgrade only cost you $290...

The only things you won't get is the priority Guest Services line and the priority tendering .. If you are not going to any ports that require tendering, i would just consider it $50 less you spent on that upgrade. So now your upgrade only cost you $290...

Not so. You also get your room ready early and early luggage delivery with fttf that you don't get with the suite. Also, the dedicated GS line.

Got a call for an up grade and I said yes. I had a Lido balcony midship port side. Now while out shopping for my upcoming cruise this evening got a call from Carnival pretty much fluffing me up with the wonders of ocean view suite mid ship deck 7. When he said for only $340 total. I said sold. I said yes, yes, yesThis trip is a surprise for my mom for Mother's Day. I had fttf that I got for the old price because now I have a suite I cancelled thinking I don't need it. Now I'm having second thought about canceling fttf. Are the perks of the suite the same as fttf? I really want the luggage express, skipping the line at customer service. I went to purchase it again now it the new price. What to do:confused:

Curious, what do you get with the Ocean View suite that would make you move from a balcony on the Lido? Seems to me that a balcony is better than an OV. Am I missing something?

Curious, what do you get with the Ocean View suite that would make you move from a balcony on the Lido? Seems to me that a balcony is better than an OV. Am I missing something?

That was my thoughts as well.

OP's signature shows their cruise is on the Splendor. There are no OV Suites on deck 7 so they must mean an Ocean Suite which does have a balcony. For me it would still be hard for me to pay to give up a Lido Balcony, but for some the extra space and bath tub would be worth it.

Thanks for the explanation Miller_KC. It does make more sense. However, you are correct about the Lido. We we are booked in our first Lido balcony this year and I am so looking forward to being right there. Not sure I would give it up to move down again.

We usually stay on Panorama Deck. I do not regret moving down to deck & when they offered the Suite last year on the Conquest. So much more room and the extra space on the Balcony. Will be missing that in Alaska this year as I did not get the call for it.