Progreso was very enjoyable

pink roses

Thanks to all who helped us decide what to do by posting on this board. I will not go into to a lengthy review since I would only be repeating what others have said but will answer any questions.

We took the Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruins Tour with auto Pregreso for $29 pp, this price included the air conditoned bus ride and admission to the Ruins. We also rode the double decker bus for $2 pp around town while waiting for the tour to begin. At no time did we feel unsafe. We really enjoyed our day.

Do you recall what time (ship's time) the tour left from the market?

What time do you leave the ship to go to Progreso?

What time did you return to Progreso?

Just curious, as this is what we are looking at doing, and I want to be sure to have enought time to do the double decker bus before the tour leaves to go to the ruins. Thanks

Just curious, as this is what we are looking at doing, and I want to be sure to have enought time to do the double decker bus before the tour leaves to go to the ruins. Thanks

Yes, These were also my questions before leaving. I will tell you that Auto Pregreso made sure there was more than enough time for us to be back on the bus.

I believe we got off the boat about 8:15.

As soon as we got to the market area, we went through the flea market type area they had set up. We went through this quickly, since my husband is not much of a shopper. The double decker buses also pick up at the market place so we got on one of those and rode it for maybe 20 minutes at the most. We still had time to walk to the beach and eat a snack we bought at a little store and go back to the market place.

I believe that the AutoPregresso Tour bus for DZ loaded about 10:30. It took maybe 20-25 minutes on a very nice road(surprising to us). The guide ran us through the ruins part pretty quickly and then told us the time to be back at the bus so we could then either look over the ruins again or swim in the cenote.

We were told to be back on the bus at 1:30. It was about 1:55 before getting back to the market place and seems like it was 2:30 when we were in line to get back on the boat.

Without getting off the bus we could ride this bus straight back to the boat and we did. However it did stop back by the market place and we could have gotten off and shopped for a little while longer and rode another bus, but we were warned to not shop long if we did.

When we got back to the boat it seemed it took for ever to get back on since everyone was trying to get back on at the same time. We really enjoyed going with this company and would do it or one of the others again in a minute.

FYI I have this booked next week and they tell me the tour leaves "about" 10AM and lasts for 3 hours.

dan

Thanks to all who helped us decide what to do by posting on this board. I will not go into to a lengthy review since I would only be repeating what others have said but will answer any questions.

We took the Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruins Tour with auto Pregreso for $29 pp, this price included the air conditoned bus ride and admission to the Ruins. We also rode the double decker bus for $2 pp around town while waiting for the tour to begin. At no time did we feel unsafe. We really enjoyed our day.

Thanks for the great review!! I'm looking at booking a 5 day cruise out of New Orleans and this is one port that I never been to and have turn to these boards to gain info.

I just want to do a relaxing beach day with a great meal. But I want to do the double decker bus around first. How do I get to this from the port. I'm not a big spender and don't buy alot of items. Do you think $100 will do for the day??

Thanks for the great review!! I'm looking at booking a 5 day cruise out of New Orleans and this is one port that I never been to and have turn to these boards to gain info.

I just want to do a relaxing beach day with a great meal. But I want to do the double decker bus around first. How do I get to this from the port. I'm not a big spender and don't buy alot of items. Do you think $100 will do for the day??

You will take the bus from the pier to town and there you will ride the double decker bus. Get on the bus as soon as you can and it will take you around town. They also have people from some of the restaurants jump on and qickly tell you there specials so you can go back to this places if you want.

As another poster said $100 will be more than enough.

Massages are cheap on the beach, also. I did not have one although i was tempted.

100 dollars? Unless you are a compulsive shopaholic or buying the town lunch you will not spend that amount of money here! :D

Welllllllll....I'm not sure if my DH and I spent $100 but I bought some jewelry, a wooden snake, some dancing chickens, etc. and a whole bunch of beer and tequilla shots....it adds up...lol!

Archived