Just back from Bermuda on the Summit 8/21

LOU

We just got back from aboard the Celbrity Summit to Bermuda. We hadn't cruised with Celebrity in a while so we were hoping that they didn't follow the trends of the other major cruise lines when it came to dining quality. My wife and I always enjoyed the traditional dining where you had the same waiter and staff every night. Although Celebrity offers flexible dining, the quality of the food has not suffered. They still offer the most creative and delicious menu out there. I WILL say this..."If you are the kind of person that orders spaghetti and meatballs or chicken parm at an Italian restaurant, you won't be happy". You have to be a little adventurous. Try things that sound strange or look different. You will be thrilled. If you are not? Just order something else. We had a table of six. We would each order our individual dinner and then we would ask for a few different selections to be put on the table for sharing. This made it possible to experience everything that sounded good. The waiters were very helpful and friendly .... Ask for Billy...He was the best.

A special mention to MARIJA, the dining room hostess. She has the job of making everyone happy with their seating times and arrangements. Not an easy task when you are dealing with 2,500 passengers. My vocal group sang her a special song on the last night of the cruise. Ask her about it !

Suggestion - Purchase the classic drink package. Well worth the money. Even if you are not a big drinker, it's nice knowing that you can try a drink whenever you feel like. You will only need the premium package if you will be drinking martini's or you require top shelf liquor.

Being a musician / vocalist, I am very fussy when it comes to entertainment. During this cruise, I was very impressed with the quality of the entertainment on the ship. The "Bandmates" were a great cover band and performed all over the ship. Even the singers and dancers in the theatre were better than on the other lines. The orchestra was also great. (Side note - I did noticed some pre-recorded harmonies during the shows but 99% of the passengers wouldn't realize it. )

I have addressed the food and entertainment because I feel that those two areas are the most important. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to Email me at LORRICHIO@AOL.COM

We had a great cruise. Bermuda is always beautiful. Purchase the two day bus and ferry pass. Also a great deal.