Regatta laundry room questions

Lane412000

What are the hours the laundry room is open for use?

On the last night of a cruise, does the laundry room remain open?

We are doing a b2b and figure to get laundry done on the last evening of the first cruise when everyone is packing luggage....TIA for any help

What are the hours the laundry room is open for use?

7:30 am to 9 or 10pm

Not sure what time they closed

Good luck on the last night some people do not like to take home dirty clothes ;)

Personally, I don't mind taking home dirty clothes IF I'm going home!

But don't assume you're the only one doing a B2B, and don't forget that some people stay on in Europe for a while. They could want clean clothes as well!

Mura

I agree with both of your posts, but I am thinking (hope, also) that after the first leg of my b2b which is a TA, most passengers will disembark. With the disembarkation, passengers will pack luggage and place outside their cabin as is the normal procedure on the last night. Hopefully this frees up the laundry room the last evening. :)

Lane, I agree that most will. But it isn't unheard of for a goodly number of people to stay on, even after a TA. Unless you have access to official records (maybe your TA could find out definitely) you are guessing.

Not exactly comparable, but we just did a B2B on Viking in France. We started out in the south, Avignon to Chalon-sur-Saone and then transferred (by bus) to Paris for a cruise on the Seine to Normandy. When we did the transfer we had a full busload going to Paris. (We were with a group of 24 people, but clearly a large number of people were doing both legs as we did.)

When we boarded the second riverboat we met several people who had just boarded and were going to do the southern portion after the Normandy cruise. The people who transferred from Paris down to Chalon-sur-Saone after our Normandy cruise were only about 20-25. It can be hard to predict.

On top of all of this, it's a very small laundry room. Even if only a very few people are continuing on the ship, you might have a problem.

We have had good luck on the "R" ships by doing our laundry during cocktail and early dinner hours. We tend to have dinner later anyway. Give yourself some flexibility is MY advice!

Good luck.

Actually, the worst that could happen (I guess) is that you encounter problems doing your laundry on the night most people are packing to leave the ship ... you could still take my advice and do your laundry at the beginning of your second leg.

I remember on our first Renaissance cruise that a woman boarded the ship with us (she hadn't done a B2B!) and the first thing she did was go to the laundry room! She'd just left home! (Of course, she may not have had time to do her laundry BEFORE the cruise ...)

Mura

As I posted recently on another thread, around four pm people go to Trivia, Tea Happy Hour, and dinner. Laundry rooms are usually free, at least when I went. We also tend to eat late, so it worked well for us.

Mo

Mura, We might have been the people who did our laundry the moment we arrived on the ship. We had spent a week precruise in London, so had lots of dirty clothes, which we brought on in a separate carryon, so we did not have to wait for luggage delivery. Many people arrive several days before the cruise, so going straight to the laundry room can be a good idea. BTW, we were not alone in doing this. Luckily, we were on the Marina, because all the washers were occupied on deck 10, so we went to deck 9. By the time we were through, there was a wait for the machines. My advice, if it is busy on the last night, is to try first thing the morning that people are debarking. If not, try dinnertime on the first night of the second cruise.

On the Regatta, we did not even try to do laundry. One of the machines was broken through the whole cruise and no matter what time we went, there were always people waiting.We either washed things out in the sink, or sent out to the ship's laundry.

One things we did when things got really busy in the laundry room -- we did the washer load as late as possible, so there was not time to use the dryer. Everyone else had done theirs earlier to get both things finished. Then first thing in the morning, we moved the clothes to the dryer -- the dryers were free as people were just starting their wash. Not the best idea to leave stuff overnight, but it worked remarkably well a couple of times.

Archived