Pier 27 San Francisco

CruiseNut24

We will be leaving on our cruise on the Grand on the 29th. Plan on getting to port between 1:30 and 2:00. Can anybody advise how the boarding would be at this time. Don't what to arrive to early and get stuck in lines, but don't want to be to late where I have to rush.

Thanks

It all depends. We boarded two weeks ago on a Wednesday and drive in from the East Bay. Left our home at 11:10. Encountered really thick traffic on Bay Bridge. Luckily, we had enough time until boarding.

Anyway, not sure if you're driving or arriving by shuttle or Uber, but we parked at 55 Francisco and got the last spot at 12:30, as in the last spot that we could park and take our keys with us instead of leaving the keys for them to valet the car.

The worst part was traffic from Fremont St exit to the pier. Although only one mile, it took nearly a half hour just inching along the Embarcadero due to some streets being roped off, I suspect due to Fleet Week activities.

However, once we pulled into Pier 27 to drop off luggage before parking, all ran smoothly.

Since you are arriving on a Saturday, traffic can get extremely bogged down along the Embarcadero, so I would think arriving at 1:30 would be worst than arriving at 11:00

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

It all depends. We boarded two weeks ago on a Wednesday and drive in from the East Bay. Left our home at 11:10. Encountered really thick traffic on Bay Bridge. Luckily, we had enough time until boarding.

Anyway, not sure if you're driving or arriving by shuttle or Uber, but we parked at 55 Francisco and got the last spot at 12:30, as in the last spot that we could park and take our keys with us instead of leaving the keys for them to valet the car.

The worst part was traffic from Fremont St exit to the pier. Although only one mile, it took nearly a half hour just inching along the Embarcadero due to some streets being roped off, I suspect due to Fleet Week activities.

However, once we pulled into Pier 27 to drop off luggage before parking, all ran smoothly.

Since you are arriving on a Saturday, traffic can get extremely bogged down along the Embarcadero, so I would think arriving at 1:30 would be worst than arriving at 11:00

Thanks for the information -we are taking a limo to the pier, and based on timing, should get there around 1:30ish. Understand Embarcadero can be crowded, but was really looking to see how the boarding would be at that time. Thank you again for responses.

Thanks for the information -we are taking a limo to the pier, and based on timing, should get there around 1:30ish. Understand Embarcadero can be crowded, but was really looking to see how the boarding would be at that time. Thank you again for responses.

We boarded at 12:45 and there was hardly anyone there inside the terminal

We had no wait whatsoever and strolled right onto the ship