Noel Tours ???

sweetdecimer

Does he have one van for tours, after reading everyone is happy with him sounds like it just him doing the tours. Wondering how he does private tours and regular ones.

Edited by joefresh

Does he have one van for tours, after reading everyone is happy with him sounds like it just him doing the tours. Wondering how he does private tours and regular ones.

We will be taking his tour next week....we are a group of 12 and it is a private tour. Will let you know more details when we return!

I made a reservation with Noel 6 months ago and paid deposit through paypal.

We had a change of plans, so I had to cancel the reservation 4 months prior the cruise date. I sent Noel several email with no response at all.

Thought I share this experience with you before you decide to pay deposit for his service. Because I never get my money back.

Edited by KeepCalmNCruiseOn

I made a reservation with Noel 6 months ago and paid deposit through paypal.

We had a change of plans, so I had to cancel the reservation 4 months prior the cruise date. I sent Noel several email with no response at all.

Thought I share this experience with you before you decide to pay deposit for his service. Because I never get my money back.

Try this email address for him noeltaxi39@live.com

Try this email address for him noeltaxi39@live.com

Thanks for the email but I won't bother to try.

This happened few months ago. I sent him six emails, I even tried to contact him through his website. No response at all.

If he wants to refund my deposit. He would've done it already.

Just thought I shared this experience. I don't expect to get my deposit back.

Edited by KeepCalmNCruiseOn

Thanks for the email but I won't bother to try.

This happened few months ago. I sent him six emails, I even tried to contact him through his website. No response at all.

If he wants to refund my deposit. He would've done it already.

Just thought I shared this experience. I don't expect to get my deposit back.

How much of a deposit did you leave, I emailed him about private tour he is asking for just a single $5 deposit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home....had a great day on St Maartin with Noel Tours. We were a group of 12 so he had all of us in a van and another vehicle following us with the refreshments. We drank him out of beer on the first stop...he did only have 14 in the cooler. He sent driver to get more beer. We did buy drinks at every stop as well.

Wilbur took us anywhere and everywhere we wanted to go. There were 7 ships in port so the island was very busy.

We would definitely book Noel Tours again if we wanted to spend time all around the island.

Just got home....had a great day on St Maartin with Noel Tours. We were a group of 12 so he had all of us in a van and another vehicle following us with the refreshments. We drank him out of beer on the first stop...he did only have 14 in the cooler. He sent driver to get more beer. We did buy drinks at every stop as well.

Wilbur took us anywhere and everywhere we wanted to go. There were 7 ships in port so the island was very busy.

We would definitely book Noel Tours again if we wanted to spend time all around the island.

There will be 5 ships in port when we are there, sounds like you had a good time. What does he charge for beer, and does he offer other things to drink.

• 3 weeks later...
I put a small deposit down but haven't received an email or any confirmation from the tour company. I guess I'll try emailing them...

Just to let you know...I did email and he said he didn't know about the booking, but will gladly take our group of 6 on a tour (seems like the website is not the best). Prob will just be the 6 of us, sorted everything out through email. He said there will be complimentary drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic). So we are excited. I will post my experience after our trip.

• 3 weeks later...
There will be 5 ships in port when we are there, sounds like you had a good time. What does he charge for beer, and does he offer other things to drink.

All the drinks on his tours are free, we had beers, water, sodas and of-course the rum punch..

A private tour would be better especially with 5 ships in port,

• 1 month later...
Just to let you know...I did email and he said he didn't know about the booking, but will gladly take our group of 6 on a tour (seems like the website is not the best). Prob will just be the 6 of us, sorted everything out through email. He said there will be complimentary drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic). So we are excited. I will post my experience after our trip.

OK, so we got back and I wish I could recommend, but I do not. We were at scheduled meeting place at scheduled time, but no sign of Noel's tours. Eventually, some of the guys at the info desk grew concerned and asked who we were waiting for. We said Noel's tours and he called Noel and there seemed to be alot of confusion.

Got on the phone with Noel and he was nice and apologetic and said he was coming or would send a driver. 2 of our group of 6 bailed, and we about did too. We were picked up about 40 minutes after we were supposed to by one of his drivers, Michael. He was very nice, but didn't seem like the most knowledgeable/outgoing guide ever. Noel met us at Orient beach and charged us and brought the cooler fullof beer, water, etc and apologized again. Seemed very nice. Did charge me the full price of $45/person even though we had paid a $5 deposit online at Paypal - didn't seem he had track of it and though I told him, I wasn't in the mood to make a big deal about it.

In short - Don't expect the website/deposit/email exchange to go too smoothly. And, I'm sure its a one off, but being 40 mins late is really not acceptable. We ended up having fun anyways - and it was nice we had a private tour for 4 people, but I'd go with Bernard's next time I'm in town personally.

• 9 months later...

So, more than a month before our cruise, we went to the Noel Tours website and put down the $50 deposit through Paypal and reserved our tour for 2 for $300. We arrived in port on 1/20/15, NCL Getaway, were off the ship by about 8:15 to begin our day with Noel. Walked back and forth looking for Noel, asking everybody where Noel was, no one knew. Finally, after about an hour and a half, we meet another Tour Operator who kindly called Noel for us to ask where he was. Noel said that his website had crashed and that he had no records of tours that he had set up. He had us walk out beyond the Guard Shack and onto the main road where 2 guys in a white van picked us up to take us to Noel who was in Marigot. So, we did eventually meet up with Noel. We did have a pleasant day. His van is spotless, he knows everybody in town, really! Went to lunch in Marigot and paid $25 for each of us and treated Noel also (tasty garlic and coconut shrimp at Sandy's). Saw the Iguana's, the Sea Urchin Man, Orient beach and all of the beauty of St. Maarten. At a couple of the stops he bought each of us a Caribe beer, very good. I suggest that you contact him directly to book, then re-confirm and really nail down your meeting spot as there is a lot of chaos in the information/Tour Guide areas. We wasted 1-1/2 hours of our only day in port, it would have been nice if we had been offered a small discount or a lunch as a token of apology. Nope. Had things gone as planned, we could have offered up a 5 star review, but I agree, being 1-1/2 hours late is unprofessional.