Death on QV in Darwin

I think Whitemarsh has mentioned that there have been 2 so far on the QM2 World Voyage. And there was 12 last time round? I guess one good thing is perhaps that the person has died doing what they loved to do. And in style. RIP

I think Whitemarsh has mentioned that there have been 2 so far on the QM2 World Voyage. And there was 12 last time round? I guess one good thing is perhaps that the person has died doing what they loved to do. And in style. RIP

Cunard do not have a good track record :D But then again, what a way to pass. I remember hearing about the last year's cruise on QM2.

My Aunty had a heart attack and died on the dance floor of the Marco Polo years ago, and we were thankful she died doing what she loved...cruising and dancing.

kind regards, Lorraine:):):)

My Aunty had a heart attack and died on the dance floor of the Marco Polo years ago, and we were thankful she died doing what she loved...cruising and dancing.

For fishermen/women, gardeners, hikers and cruisers, to go whilst doing their favourite activity is great for them, though not so much for those who are with them at the time.

An old friend of the family dropped dead at 97 out in her garden, pruning the fruit trees. Her garden was her life and we could not think of a better place for her to pass on.

Another friend had a heart attack in Spain and that was a terrible ordeal for his wife as she had to arrange certification and the return of the body to Australia.

Not sure if this passenger was travelling with family or friends. It is them who are in my thoughts.

I meant to ask Pushka, any news about how Whitemarsh is getting on? He is not in Princess Grill this time and is travelling with the mere mortals :D Wonder how he is surviving.

I meant to ask Pushka, any news about how Whitemarsh is getting on? He is not in Princess Grill this time and is travelling with the mere mortals :D Wonder how he is surviving.

He is doing a blog on the Cunard forum. It seems he was a mere mortal on an inside cabin. :eek: for half the trip and loved Britannia and for the second half he was in Queens Grill. Talk about chalk and cheese! His table in Britannia was a hosted one so free wine on formal nights. Balcony? :).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1787763

What a way to go!!! Considering the median age for cruisers it is to be expected that a higher percentage of deaths or medivacs will occur on cruise ships. If only I could have a choice on where I was when it comes to my turn. I would choose to be a cruise every time.

John

yes you feel for the families but having been on a 46 night cruise, I know there were several deaths on board. Most people on these long cruises are usually retired. They tend to be the only ones with that amount of time available away from work and be able to afford the longer trips.

I would be happy if I went whilst cruising (or travelling remote throughout Australia).

What a great way to go. Better than laying in a nursing home and waiting for when the undertaker comes to get you.

If he was on his own, I wonder if the family will get a partial refund of his cruise through the travel insurance.

A nightmare for families if he is not from Australia to transfer the body.

some people are unable to get cover for travel insurance but still go cruising. We are now trying to get our oversease trips in before we get too many pre existing illnesses that will rule us out of more overseas tra:)vel.

That'd be a worry for the cruise lines to handle. I can see why they are cracking down on insurance now.

I believe with P&O Cruises UK you have to supply details of your Insurance at time of booking, otherwise they include/add a policy to the booking.

Puska.....thanks for the link to Whitemarsh's trip.......luckily I'm retired. I spent a very enjoyable 2 hours reading his blog. he sounds a fun guy...

He's a fun guy. Doesn't suffer fools much. Has a very dry wit. He is exceedingly helpful to people and has a strong sense of fashion when it comes to formal wear on Cunard. I think he and Cunard are a good fit. :)

Archived