Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL ?

sassy~one

Nydney

We have booked a rental thru Budget at MCO to Port Canaveral. Did you get a rental from MCO as well? If so, when you dropped the car off before your cruise, how long did you have to wait to drop it off and get picked up by the shuttle?

If it was just after the cruise, can you tell me how long you were waiting for the shuttle to pick you up at port? Was it a long process with respect to waiting for the shuttle and getting your car? DH may not have the patience to wait for a shuttle either direction so I'm wondering about getting a cab from Budget to the port and was curious about he wait to get back to Budget after.

Please and thank you!!:D

Yes, we rented in MCO to the port. It took about 2 minutes to drop off the car and catch the shuttle. It was the easiest transfer I have done.

You can actually drop your other travelers and luggage at the ship before you drop the car off, but to be honest it was so easy it is not necessary. If we had the kids we may, but not for the two of us.

When we got off the ship we started walking down towards the shuttle end and saw the budget shuttle driving off. We waived at them and they turned and came back. We did not need them to as we could have waited but they just turned around. We were at the budget lot and in our car within 15 minutes.

Their were two other families on the shuttle and there were 3 people working the counter.

Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Yes, we rented in MCO to the port. It took about 2 minutes to drop off the car and catch the shuttle. It was the easiest transfer I have done.

You can actually drop your other travelers and luggage at the ship before you drop the car off, but to be honest it was so easy it is not necessary. If we had the kids we may, but not for the two of us.

When we got off the ship we started walking down towards the shuttle end and saw the budget shuttle driving off. We waived at them and they turned and came back. We did not need them to as we could have waited but they just turned around. We were at the budget lot and in our car within 15 minutes.

Their were two other families on the shuttle and there were 3 people working the counter.

Would use them again in a heartbeat.

That's great. Thank you so much for responding. It's not like we don't have plenty of time after the cruise to spare. We will have a good experience as you did and be in our way early and can check out some of Orlando

We went yo Downtown Disney and walked around then worked our way towards the airport. Downtown Disney is free and free to park so it is easy to kill a few hours.

Although half of that is spent looking for a parking spot! :D

As an FYI, most of the stores at Downtown Disney open at 1000 though you can roam the area 24/7.

There is allot of construction going on there right now. ther ewas plenty of parking and we parked about 10 spots from the entrance over by the house of Blues. It was Saturday monring and about 110 degrees but it was a good way to spend a few hours.

nydeyni1 - we will be on the Freedom in Sept with a late 7pm flight out the same day of debarking the cruise. Also planning to rent a car from Budget and drive to Disney Downtown to shop for a day.

Also concerned about parking situation. Given your experience, if we can get off the ship (self debark at 7-ish, try to hop to Budget right away, hoping to get to Disney Downtown by 10 or 11-ish, do you think parking is still manageable at the time? Is this a realistic time plan?

This is our first time at Cape Canaveral.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

seapad, If you clear customs early (say 720ish) and can get the car by 830am, you will easily make DD by 10ish (straight down the BeachLine to I-4 and then south for a few exits). Sept is a good time since most people with kids are back in school. You should have no problem at all finding parking.

By the way, does anyone know how much is cab fare from Budget car rental by the terminal port to RCCL cruise terminal?

I know they have free shuttle, but in case line is too long, would like to get to port quicker :)

By the way, does anyone know how much is cab fare from Budget car rental by the terminal port to RCCL cruise terminal?

I know they have free shuttle, but in case line is too long, would like to get to port quicker :)

Im interested this too. I was told we could call 1-888-TAXI to get a taxi which was much quicker but don't knIw the cost.