Tiki Hut Snorkel Park

Mach1

We've been to Maho beach a few times and are looking for something different.

Has anyone been to the Tiki Hut Snorkel Park? Here is the description from Trip Advisor; and for the most part it has good reviews. Just looking for a little more from the cruisers perspective.

Owner description: Tiki Hut is a floating platform that can hold up to 80 guests in a shallow cove in Little Bay. The snorkel park is 20-30 feet deep. On the TIKI HUT you'll find a nice bar & grill, deck chairs, umbrella's and a 5 feet deep pool. You can stay as long or as little as you like. Snorkeling, hanging out at the bar, have a tasty hamburger or fish sandwich or a cold drink or,relax in a noodle chair, with a floating bar in the watery blue.

Thank you!

There are two excursions on-island that call themselves Tiki Hut or such.

The one you describe, above, is located in Little Bay, and the other is on Pinel Island.

There was quite a discussion here in 2012 about them, and I have a post there with links to both websites.

The entire thread makes for some interesting reading.

gary

p.s. The Water Taxi only runs in Great Bay, between the Cruise Facility and downtown Philipsburg,

• 3 months later...
There are two excursions on-island that call themselves Tiki Hut or such.

The one you describe, above, is located in Little Bay, and the other is on Pinel Island.

There was quite a discussion here in 2012 about them, and I have a post there with links to both websites.

The entire thread makes for some interesting reading.

gary

p.s. The Water Taxi only runs in Great Bay, between the Cruise Facility and downtown Philipsburg,

Thanks for the link!

Thought I would bump this up in case anyone has been there recently. Any info would be great!

Did this last April while cruising Grandeur Of The Seas. We had a good time. More of just a hangout really. Not much in the way of fish to see. The day we were there, there was another snuba tour that parked right near us. While snorkeling, you could actually see them walking on the ocean floor below you. Hence, not really many fish. They had a cash bar and a TINY bathroom. If your looking for an exotic snorkel with a lot of marine life, this isn't for you. However, if you want to relax on the deck, get in the water every now and then, have a drink or 2, this may work for ya. Would I do it again? Ummm....Maybe.

• 3 weeks later...
Going on ship excursion to the Tiki Hut on Little Bay on April 28. Will advise

Hi! Just seeing if you were back from your cruise and can provide us with a review.

Thank you :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My bff will be turning 40 the day we are here. We are considering this excursion. If anyone knows about it first hand please let me know. What im wondering is if we book it for 9 am do we get to stay all day or just till noon? We notice there is two departures. Please advise.

• 1 year later...