Questions for the World's Biggest Cruise Ship? Ask Oasis!

Dan Askin

The 225,282-ton, 5,400-passenger Oasis of the Seas will be taking your questions ... ask them here, and Cruise Critic's editorial team will get answers from the friendly behemoth as part of our live coverage on November 20 - 22. Whether you're curious about zip-lining, carousels, the Caribbean foliage in Central Park, any of the 20-plus "dining" options … or something size-related … Oasis of the Seas will have your answer. Don't let the googley eyes frighten you, ask away!

Ask-Oasis-Thread.jpg

Write-in question from Karen Heythaler of Center Line, MI:

"My husband and I are taking our 19-year-old granddaughter on the January 2, 2010 cruise. We are all excited. I know about the onboard activities for her (zip-line, FlowRider, etc.), but will there be any social groups organized for the 18- to 21-year-old crowd, so they can meet others? She was 13 on her last (and only) cruise and enjoyed the teen activities and meeting kids from across the country. Thank you.

Hi Dan,

Could you please find out how many people the Rising Tide Bar will hold at one time and can it be reserved for a group function? I've emailed RCCL, Crown & Anchor, and Mr. Fain's office, and no definitive word yet. I'd love it for our Cruise Critic group sailing on the Oasis 9-11-2010.

Thanks and have a great time on the Oasis

kk

I'm booked into an ocean view blacony cabin on deck 6 on the Oasis sailing on December 12th, 2009. I'm a little worried about the ocean view being obstructed by the lifeboats directly below deck 6. The new lifeboats are so much larger than the previous ones, and positioned much further over the side of the ship. Can you find out how they will effect the sitelines from the deck 6 balconies? Thanks.

Hi Dan,

Could you please find out how many people the Rising Tide Bar will hold at one time and can it be reserved for a group function? I've emailed RCCL, Crown & Anchor, and Mr. Fain's office, and no definitive word yet. I'd love it for our Cruise Critic group sailing on the Oasis 9-11-2010.

Thanks and have a great time on the Oasis

kk

Ohhhhh! What a good question!! Good idea! :)

Question for Oasis via Twitter from Alexis Carpenter:

When will we be able to view images of the staterooms aboard the Oasis at the RCI website? (I'm sure the Cruise Critic folks aboard will take photos aplenty, but I find this particular omission from the official website to be bizarre.)

Dear Oasis of the Seas:

My question to you is about your onboard Medical Center:

My wife is nurse-editor of a nursing journal that specializes in wound healing, and I am a medical librarian and coordinator of medical education.

We will be sailing on the Oasis of the Seas on September 18th 2010.

Is it possible that we could arrange a tour of the medical facility with your clinical staff during that week?

In advance of our actual sailing week, would it be possible to include a few photos of the onboard medical center and its location on the ship?

Frank Landry, MSLS, AHIP

Medical Librarian + Coordinator of Medical Education

HealthAlliance Hospital Leominster, MA.

Joan Halpin- Landry-RN, MS, CETN.

Winchester Hospital Home Care Division.

Hi Oasis (or Lady "O" as some of our Facebook friends have been saying),

More than anything else, I'd love to see some live action video from the perspective of the zip-liner ... can you make that happen?

There is a short live action clip on utube of someone going across the zipline if you haven't already seen it then check it out.

Archived