FLL Uber

For those that use Uber in and out of the port. Have you ever had any trouble?

No all Uber drivers that we used were aware of the requirements as are taxi drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My review is mixed. I had a tough time getting an Uber from FLL to Port Everglades. One driver cancelled on me. The other claimed he could not find me. The cops at the port are complete jerks as well. On my return I had no problem getting the ride - I was about to get into my Uber and the cop wouldn't let me because it was in "the wrong area". There was no one around me, no traffic to block and the cop was just showing his "authorita!"

It will be a while before I go out of FLL again.

My review is mixed. I had a tough time getting an Uber from FLL to Port Everglades. One driver cancelled on me. The other claimed he could not find me. The cops at the port are complete jerks as well. On my return I had no problem getting the ride - I was about to get into my Uber and the cop wouldn't let me because it was in "the wrong area". There was no one around me, no traffic to block and the cop was just showing his "authorita!"

It will be a while before I go out of FLL again.

FLL is a very busy airport based on tourism and cruises. There is a designated area for Uber pickup, the drivers know where it is, if you try any other area you could have an issue, just ask any Porter and they will tell you!

• 3 weeks later...
How long did you have to wait from making the Uber reservation for driver to arrive at Port of Everglades?

I haven't gone on my trip yet. But this is a good question. From what I have heard. Uber drivers know when the cruises are going on and they are ready like cab drivers. I still would like to know about how long the wait was.

I haven't gone on my trip yet. But this is a good question. From what I have heard. Uber drivers know when the cruises are going on and they are ready like cab drivers. I still would like to know about how long the wait was.

Please post your experience when you return. Would love to know Uber, taxi or other. Enjoy your cruise!

Please post your experience when you return. Would love to know Uber, taxi or other. Enjoy your cruise!

We have used Uber at the port for both HAL at Pier 26 and Princess at Pier 2. There are pickup locations at both Piers for Uber just ask a porter once you call the car. In both cases it was less than 10 minutes for pickup and around $15 to FLL including tip.

How long did you have to wait from making the Uber reservation for driver to arrive at Port of Everglades?

We always use Uber and typically wait maybe 5 minutes max. I think back in June when we used Uber out of Prt. Everglades we waited around 3 minutes?

• 1 month later...

Let me jump in here. I never fly in the morning of sailing these days, but I'm doing it in November and thought I might try Uber for the first time.

I'll be solo, so no need for a large vehicle.

But my question is this - will the driver stop somewhere for me to pick up a bottle of wine to carry on? After all, that's the most important aspect of boarding the ship, right? ;)

Let me jump in here. I never fly in the morning of sailing these days, but I'm doing it in November and thought I might try Uber for the first time.

I'll be solo, so no need for a large vehicle.

But my question is this - will the driver stop somewhere for me to pick up a bottle of wine to carry on? After all, that's the most important aspect of boarding the ship, right? ;)

Typically the answer to this is "Yes". However if you're going from FLL to Prt. Everglades then no because there is nowhere to stop. The airport and port are next to one another. If you're going from your hotel to Prt. Everglades or somewhere else, then yes your driver will stop.

Typically the answer to this is "Yes". However if you're going from FLL to Prt. Everglades then no because there is nowhere to stop. The airport and port are next to one another. If you're going from your hotel to Prt. Everglades or somewhere else, then yes your driver will stop.

It is about a 10 minute or so drive from PE to FLL. There's a Total Wine just outside of PE and other stores (CVS, etc.) that sell wine along the way. You can pre-order at TW, which should speed up the check-out process.

An Uber driver will drive wherever you want them to go. If you would like them to go to Total Wine first, they will do that. Please be careful about giving people bad advice, it may have a negative effect on their travels.

I've often stayed at the Hyatt Place that has a Total Wine and a grocery store in a nearby shopping center. My go-to brand isn't fancy and can be found in grocery stores and some drug stores. I'll have a look at a local map and find somewhere along the way.

I've taken a taxi often from PE to FLL and know it's a short drive but thought I'd try Uber this time basically because I figured the driver would be willing to stop whereas a taxi wouldn't.

I've often stayed at the Hyatt Place that has a Total Wine and a grocery store in a nearby shopping center. My go-to brand isn't fancy and can be found in grocery stores and some drug stores. I'll have a look at a local map and find somewhere along the way.

I've taken a taxi often from PE to FLL and know it's a short drive but thought I'd try Uber this time basically because I figured the driver would be willing to stop whereas a taxi wouldn't.

Almost any driver would be willing to stop, but even if you want to take your time, getting another Uber only takes a couple minutes. You can get dropped off then grab another Uber.