Easiest wasy to get to Murano in Venice

pj-atsea

Does anyone know how to get to the island of Murano from St Marks square? Can you take a vaporetto? If you do, does a one day pass cover all the different vaporetto lines? Thanks.. Any other info would be welcome.. pj

Yes, and yes.

It is quite a long ride since you have to go all the way around; on the way back we got off on the 'top' of the island (of Venice) and just walked back to our hotel, which was close to St. Mark's, took 10-15 minutes max. But it is easily done and the times for the different routes are posted at the vaporetto stop.

I think we were on the same cruise last summer to the British Isles. Some hotels will take you free via water taxi. That happened to us. We mentioned it to the concierge and within a few minutes there was a water taxi. They took us over and back no problem.

Linda

It is quite a long ride since you have to go all the way around; on the way back we got off on the 'top' of the island (of Venice) and just walked back to our hotel, which was close to St. Mark's, took 10-15 minutes max. But it is easily done and the times for the different routes are posted at the vaporetto stop.

It's a lot faster if you walk across the island to Fondamente Nova and get the vaporetto to Murano there.

I'd avoid the "free" rides at all costs. They will cheerfully take you over, but good luck getting them to take you back when you want to go, unless you've purchased what they consider a sufficient amount of product from the vendor who paid for the boat.

"I'd avoid the "free" rides at all costs. They will cheerfully take you over, but good luck getting them to take you back when you want to go, unless you've purchased what they consider a sufficient amount of product from the vendor who paid for the boat. "

I guess we met the quota! All we bought was a small vase and it wasn't any problem getting back but "eyes wide open" as others have had a different experience. We really enjoyed our private excursion:).

I'd avoid the "free" rides at all costs. They will cheerfully take you over, but good luck getting them to take you back when you want to go, unless you've purchased what they consider a sufficient amount of product from the vendor who paid for the boat.

I have to agree-never again!!!! They followed us around expecting us to buy these items worth thousands of dollars. They discovered one in our group was a doctor and they stuck to him like glue.

It took an hour for them to finally call a boast to take us back. Friends of ours used the regular vaporetto and went into the town of Murano and found much better prices and no hard sell.

I think we were on the same cruise last summer to the British Isles. Some hotels will take you free via water taxi. That happened to us. We mentioned it to the concierge and within a few minutes there was a water taxi. They took us over and back no problem.

Linda

Hi Linda, good to hear from you. We are going on Holland America this time , not Princess.. I like both so I went for the itinerary this time.. About how long does it take to get to Murano? Thanks PJ

HI, If you walk to Fondamente Nuove and take the #42 from there, the ride can take only about 20min.There are several stops on Murano.

Here is a map and a schedule.

http://www.actv.it/

IF you just have one day in Venice I'd stay in the city and not travel to Murano but of course that is up to you. IF you want to see glass blowing there are shops IN Venice making Murano glass. I recommend highly glasshandmade.it to see this.

If you click on things on the web site then windows open to see things.

Archived