30lbs in 30 weeks....................

Dolly Rocker

I started back my diet this week & have set myself a challenge of 30lbs in 30 weeks.

This will take me up until 4th April 2011

Anyone want to join me?

Current Weight - 177.75lbs

Target Weght - 147lbs

First weigh in will be on Monday - wish me luck!

L x x x

I'm trying to loose weight for our cruise, but also for DD wedding 9/3/2011. I cannot bring myself to post my weight, but I will gladly share my weight loss.

I started making a a turkey wrap for lunch. It's good. Wheat tortilla, turkey breast, lettuce, tomatoe, green onion, and a small drizzle of poppyseed salad dressing. Yum!

I do wholeheartedly wish you luck!

JJ

Well its Sunday I'm in work right now & so far so good stuck to my points this week I'll weigh myself tomorrow & we can see how I've done!

I'm feeling positive this time like I'm ready to make the change permanently!

L x x x

love to join you...cruising next may..current weight is too scary but will definately post weight loss..good luck to all of us

Lost 2lbs this week!!!

Start Weight - 177.75lbs

Current Weight - 175.75lbs

Loss - 2lbs

L x x x

I would love to lose weight before our cruise. Cruise is on November 27th. What are you doing to lose? Do you workout? I know I only have 11 weeks but I would love to lose 1 dress size at least.

However, this is my problem. Six weeks ago I had a misscarriage and had to have major surgery(left falopian tube and ovary). I am doing better but I am still anemic from the blood lose. The doctor said I can workout but not hard. Can I still lose weight just walking on the treadmill? I have cleaned up my diet also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh sorry to hear about your miscarriage -0 sending love to you!

If youhave changed your diet & you are still more active than you were before then yes walking on the treadmill will still help.

You also dont want to overdo it especially as you have had surgery.

L x x x

Thank you Dolly Rocker for the encouragement. I went on a 2 mile walk today at a walking trail near our house. It felt so good to get outside. I will tell you alittle about myself. I am 39 yrs old. I have been married 17 years and this December 5 we will be celebrating number 18. We have two boys 10 and 7. We are so looking forward to this cruise. We board on November 27th. This is the 5th cruise for my husband and I and first for our boys. I hope I can lose weight before we leave. You are doing great. What is your secret? Here are my stats I'm 5'7'' and 225lbs. I would love to lose 20 lbs before we cruise. Is that crazy or can I do it?

SW 225lbs

CW 225lbs

GW 150lbs

Thanks,

Andi

Theres no reason for you not to!

I just stick to my Weight Watchers its the only thing for me that works. Its about finding what works for you & not what everyone else says is best for you.

Make sure to eat enough aswell its not good for you to eat too little either drink lots of water & excercise - even walking is good.

I walk around my local park any day that I can which is the only excercise I get!

Well I'm 27 from Glasgow. Getting Married in August 2011 then Honeymoon cruise in September 2011 so this is why I am making the change now.

I'm buying my Wedding Dress on Saturday so that is going to be the motivation for me!

L x x x

Theres no reason for you not to!

I just stick to my Weight Watchers its the only thing for me that works. Its about finding what works for you & not what everyone else says is best for you.

Make sure to eat enough aswell its not good for you to eat too little either drink lots of water & excercise - even walking is good.

I walk around my local park any day that I can which is the only excercise I get!

Well I'm 27 from Glasgow. Getting Married in August 2011 then Honeymoon cruise in September 2011 so this is why I am making the change now.

I'm buying my Wedding Dress on Saturday so that is going to be the motivation for me!

L x x x

Congrats on your upcoming marriage. How exciting! I remember how much fun it was to plan our wedding. And buying the dress is the highlight. My mothers family is from Scotland. My mom even plays the bagpipes.

I wish you all the best. Keep up the good work with your weight lose.

Andi

Mind if I join you? There are so many great threads, but this one was started on my birthday. :)

A few weeks ago, my parents announced that they're taking the whole family to Alaska next July to celebrate their 50th anniversary. I had been thinking that I'd like to finally look good in my cruise pics this time, but I didn't have any real solid plans to lose weight until a week ago Monday. I was shopping and found a bathroom scale that was marked on clearance. It was too good a deal to pass up, and once I bought it, I had to try it out. (I love gadgets, and this scale measures your % body fat and % water.)

I've been on WW before and did pretty well. (Went off plan and gained back all my weight when life got really stressful.) I know what I should be eating; I just haven't been doing it. Anyhow, since I bought my new scale, I promised to weigh myself every day. Because I'm making myself accountable (even if it's just to myself) I've been more aware of what I'm eating. So far, it's working. I've lost 3.2 lbs in the last 1.5 weeks. I'm keeping an excel spreadsheet with a graph and everything. :)

I'm fortunate to have a lot of time (41 weeks) because I've got a lot to lose. I'd like to lose 75 lbs total. I'll be thrilled to lose 50-60 by the cruise. If I really stay on track, I could even reach my goal by my next birthday.

Start Weight - 177.75lbs

Current Weight - 171lbs

Loss - 6.75lbs

Yayyyyy - was out on the town last night though & have been eating naugty things today to try & get rid of my hangover so probs wont lose anything this coming week!!!

Welcome to the newbies - everyone is welcome here!

The more the merrier

Good luck!

L x x x

I would like to join. I have been wanting to lose weight and have no motivation. I know what to do. I have done it before. I have three kids with many activities and my husband works nights. I don't take time to take care of myself. So I would like to commit to this board and be accountable someplace. I don't feel comfortable putting my current weight on here but I will post weight loss. Congratulations to everyone on there weight loss so far. So weigh ins are Mondays? Keep up the good work and please keep posting what is working for you. Thanks!:)

I would like to join also :) My fiance and I cruise in December and I would like to be at least 20lbs lighter by then. I started excercising and eating better at home on my own for the last month (lost 8 lbs, gained 3 of those back) but last week I fell off the wagon and didn't excercise once (besides dancing). The hardest part for me is not eating out with the rest of the office crew during the week at work but I am making huge progress on that in my choices when I do choose to eat with them so hopefully baby steps will get me there.

Okay, I'm in. I sail a month 4 weeks from tomorrow, so not too much time for this trip. Next trip isn't until April so I will shoot for that one. Earlier this month I gained 4 pounds on a 7 day cruise :eek:

I don't care to post my actual weight, but I'll post gain/loss each week. Somehow I stopped eating healthy and quit going to the gym and 15 pounds later.....

Last week I found out my gym was closing and I was so upset w/myself for not staying fit enough to do it on my own. Well, today they secured a new location and have decided to stay open and I can start exercising Saturday. Maybe the scare will jolt me into getting busy. I guess I will go weigh and post results next week. Hoping this thread will help keep me focused. BTW, I would like to lose 15-20 pounds.

So it looks like weigh-in is on Mondays. Here's my progress.

Last week: Lost 2.4 lbs.

Total: Lost 4.4

I did well today. I resisted the candy jar at work. At lunchtime I stopped at McDonalds and was pleased to discover that they have a side salad on their dollar menu. You don't have to buy a meal with fries. I just went grocery shopping and stocked up on Lean Cuisines, frozen veggies, Yoplait Light, Diet Coke, and Fruit.

I think half my groceries have pink ribbons on them. Breast Cancer is a big issue for me. It took the life of my older sister last year. She was just 46 - the age I am now. Most people aren't aware that obesity is a risk factor for breast cancer. I know she's supporting me in my weight loss.

Several years ago, when I was doing WW, one of the other ladies told me she avoided the meetings when she'd had a bad week (not followed the program.) I told her she didn't have to view the weigh-in as the results of the prior week. She could think of it as the start of the week to come. Don't stress about what is past. Just resolve to do better in the future. :)

Archived