HOHO Bus Audio Guide Question

scarletohara

:confused: Have a question for anyone previously riding a HOHO bus that can help me out about the Audio Guide made available. I have read prior posts about the HOHO, but have not seen this addressed anywhere. I have also checked the HOHO website.

I have a cochlear implant in my right ear & wear a hearing aid in my left. I CANNOT use 'ear buds' (which is all I have seen mentioned in previous threads). I CAN wear regular headset earphones & hear. If I take my own headset that has a normal plug-in for digital CD players, etc., could I use it on the HOHO bus to participate in the Audio Guide offered? The HOHO website shows earphones, not ear buds in picture and says they adapt service for hearing impaired...just not sure what that means in Barcelona.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Happy Cruising :):):)

I guess it depends on the plug on your headphones......what I can say is I always keep the earphones from the buses because they do fit my ipod and they act as spare sets when travelling (I can leave my expensive ones at home!)

So that would say the socket is the same on the bus as an ipod??

Thanks so much for the responses! I had intended to take them along because I had a miserable experience flying to Hawaii a few years back when I wanted to watch the movie on the long flight & the airline only had the ear bud variety of earphones. The flight attendant kept telling me to spend the $5 & try them & if they didn't work she'd take them back. She just didn't 'get it' that I'm DEAF without the device I wear & I needed an earphone to put OVER the device not in my ear. These aren't expensive earphones & aren't heavy. I don't have an IPOD but will make sure it would work in one. HAPPY CRUISING!! :D:D:D

I think you'll be okay b/c I've flown JetBlue a lot and over the years they have changed from headsets to different type earbuds. I think the metal piece at the end that plugs in is probably pretty standard.

Buses begin/end down at the Plaza area (you'll see them there)and many times they wait for the buses to fill somewhat before proceeding so they'd probably have time for you to check to see if your headset works there before you purchase a ticket but I doubt they can do it at just any bus stop along the way. Once the bus begins from that location, most stops and starts are only long enough to let people on or off.

Archived