Diabetes Cookbooks

katz

I am looking for cookbook recommendations that have easy to prepare recipes for a working mom.

My daughter's husband is morbidly obese, with all the complications that go with it. He has received very bad news about his health and we are hoping that he might finally take his doctor's advice and do something about his weight/medical problems.

I would like to purchase some cookbooks for them and would like recommendations for a family with two young boys, one already obese.

Thanks for your help.

Fix it and forget it diabetic cookbook for crockpots. You might get them a crockpot to go w/ it if they don't have one. Available thru Amazon. gets good reviews. We just recently purchased it but are on a medically supervised weight loss program using only their products at this point, so haven't gone back to eating regular food as yet.

The program is called Optifast and is done thru hospitals. isn't cheap, but I've lost 35 # in 7 weeks and wife has lost 29. I'm off my diabetes and triglyceride meds and with another 25# off shoudl be off my blood pressure meds as well.

Thanks, Mike. The Fix it and Forget it cookbook was also recommended by another person. I read the reviews on Amazon.com and ordered one for my SIL.

Thanks also for the information on Optifast. I will ask him to mention it to his doctors.

I appreciate your help and wish you and your wife the best of health!

Archived