Panama Canal, 12/2/09, Amsterdam

tucsontraveler

We're booked and ready to go on the 2nd of Dec. and looking forward to another great voyage on HAL out and back. Am I missing something? The cruise info shows the ship overnight in Lake Gatun and a "Tender Required", but I don't see and shore excursions posted and am wondering what the deal is. Appears we drop anchor at 2pm and depart the following morning at 9am. Has anyone had any experience with this stop/port or any suggestions on what would be available to do or see. Strange that there's a tender run listed, but no shore excursions.

Thanks,

Tucsontraveler - Paul:)

We're booked and ready to go on the 2nd of Dec. and looking forward to another great voyage on HAL out and back. Am I missing something? The cruise info shows the ship overnight in Lake Gatun and a "Tender Required", but I don't see and shore excursions posted and am wondering what the deal is. Appears we drop anchor at 2pm and depart the following morning at 9am. Has anyone had any experience with this stop/port or any suggestions on what would be available to do or see. Strange that there's a tender run listed, but no shore excursions.

Thanks,

Tucsontraveler - Paul:)

I'm on the cruise after yours. I've wondered the same thing. There's 3 excursions,

1. They take you to a club to watch dancers

2. They drive you around on a city tour

3. They give you a tour of the locks at night

I'm undecided but after reading the boards (panama canal) type in Fuerte Amador in the search box. The reviews of the three tours aren't very good

Since we will be getting up early to go thru the canal I'll probably just stay on the ship.

Have a great cruise

I'm on the cruise after yours. I've wondered the same thing. There's 3 excursions,

1. They take you to a club to watch dancers

2. They drive you around on a city tour

3. They give you a tour of the locks at night

I'm undecided but after reading the boards (panama canal) type in Fuerte Amador in the search box. The reviews of the three tours aren't very good

Since we will be getting up early to go thru the canal I'll probably just stay on the ship.

Have a great cruise

We are on the Jan. 22 voyage with the same options. I have found the same thing. None of the three tours are very appealing and we too have decided to stay on board that evening.

Terri

Archived