So what's with booking multiple cruises?

Phyllis Flipflop

We're new to cruising and feel that after years of independent travel, cruising will suit what we're now looking for holiday wise.

When I joined I noticed that many members had loads of cruises lined up and marvelled at the thought of planning that far in advance. Within a few weeks of organising our May trip on the Getaway I found myself on the phone booking 10 nights on the Epic when it comes to Europe. So.....what is it about cruising that makes folks want to book multiples? A genuine question...I've never done this before in all our years of travelling. :D

We're new to cruising and feel that after years of independent travel, cruising will suit what we're now looking for holiday wise.

When I joined I noticed that many members had loads of cruises lined up and marvelled at the thought of planning that far in advance. Within a few weeks of organising our May trip on the Getaway I found myself on the phone booking 10 nights on the Epic when it comes to Europe. So.....what is it about cruising that makes folks want to book multiples? A genuine question...I've never done this before in all our years of travelling. :D

Pretty simple. People who enjoy cruising book early to get the best fares and the best choices of staterooms. Also folks like to book early to take advantage of promos like the great one that is going on now.

We book in advance to be able to pay for trips without injury to our household budget. We usually have a cruise reward that takes care of the deposit. Then we make payments. Knowing that you will be at sea again soon helps the post cruise blahs too.

Pretty simple. People who enjoy cruising book early to get the best fares and the best choices of staterooms. Also folks like to book early to take advantage of promos like the great one that is going on now.

Also some people who enjoy cruising book late to get the best fares, as evidenced by the number of threads on CC moaning about price drops after final payment. However you may be limited by stateroom availability.

Also some people who enjoy cruising book late to get the best fares, as evidenced by the number of threads on CC moaning about price drops after final payment. However you may be limited by stateroom availability.

True. People have different strategies. My strategy anymore since airfare is so expensive from the area where I live is to look for airfare deals, book it and THEN make the cruise fit. :)

For us cruising is the perfect vacation- we get transported to a different port virtually everyday, our food is provided, our entertainment is provided, and we get to spend time on the ocean to boot.

Edited by sparks1093

We book because NCL accommodates my daughter's latex allergy. 100's of crew members are involved in keeping her safe that her dad and I are able to relax and enjoy our vacation. We haven't found a land based vacation that gives us that same sense of safety or ability to relax. We also found cruising works best for our blended family when we cruise with my step children and their mom and stepdad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The earlier you book the better your chances of getting the cabin you want at the lowest price. I consistently book more than one year out, and I have had up to five cruises booked, but normally only have two.

For me it is many reasons booking in advance I have time to save for it, I have a better cabin selection and I jump on deals. My main reason is that when I get off of the ship my post cruise depression is taken care of by looking forward to my next cruise!!:D

We rarely have more that one cruise booked. We like to cruise but we like land vacations as well.

The current promotion going on is really good so we booked a cruise for Aug 2016 as well. Our deposit is fully refundable so there is no harm in booking now so we can take advantage of the promo. We can change our minds later as long as we cancel before the final payment.

We will come across one that we really want to do and book it. Usually its pretty far ahead, but our last one was a last minute one.

I like to book pretty far ahead because unlike a flight, I can pay it off in small increments as I have money.

Don't let these jokers above fool you. Its all about the Cruise Critic signature. Anybody thats Anybody has multiple cruises in their signature. ;):D Haha.

6&8

LOL We currently have 4 cruises booked - most ever for us at one time. Don't want my signature to be too long so only showing two count down clocks.

We booked the 14 day Dawn Boston to New Orleans last year ... got great deals on both of our staterooms.

Booked 3 more cruises during the current promo. It is the best Norwegian promo we've seen and we're getting two cruises off our bucket list as well as sailing on Escape who may be the best ship yet:)

LOL We currently have 4 cruises booked - most ever for us at one time. Don't want my signature to be too long so only showing two count down clocks.
You can put them side by side, then it wouldn't be any longer if you added the other two. Edited by LrgPizza

You can put them side by side, then it wouldn't be any longer if you added the other two.

I tried to do that but couldn't figure out how. Tried to backspace the second countdown clock so it would end up next to the first one but it just deletes itself. Can't make the signature edit box larger so there's more room to work with. Am using a mac if that makes any difference.

Edited by kjquilts

Don't let these jokers above fool you. Its all about the Cruise Critic signature. Anybody thats Anybody has multiple cruises in their signature. ;):D Haha.

6&8

I closely resemble that remark except I am a nobody. :D

For us it is bargains or offers or sailing with friends, etc.

Dave