New Royal Princess Model Ship photos!

TorontoTL

Here are new photos of the new Royal Princess model photos from Cruise Shipping Miami Conference. :D

http://www.*****************/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=012439

I wanted to hotline the photos here but couldn't for some reason.

And darn, the link won't save properly. CC won't let me link to that website for some reason, sorry. :confused:

Edited by TorontoTL

copying celebrity cruise lines ship portfolio so nothing new

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/ships/solstice-class/celebrity-eclipse/

There is very little to differentiate cruise ships. The only company which actually puts any innovation into their designs is RCCL. That explains why the Solstice Class ships of Celebrity are so beautiful inside and outside.

As much as Royal looks nice, I find it underwhelming. It is large, but there are no 'large' spaces on it. Still single deck dining rooms, still the small two deck theater, still the pathetic 3 deck atrium. They should have extended the piazza up to to the top, perhaps added a nice two level dining room. Check out the MDR on the Solstice. It is stunning. I know people say that large atriums are a waste of space, but what else would the space be filled with? Cabins and more passengers, that's what.

There is nothing which makes me want to go on this ship above any of the Grand Class ships. In fact, looking at those deck plans, it looks like they have based most of it off of the Grand class. Right down to the confusing and stupidly placed aft dining room. That could have been easily solved by moving the galley right to the back of the ship, and merging the two dining rooms on Deck 6.

Yes, thank you very much for posting these, Pia. Wonderful.

Although I don't want to come across as "one of those people", based on the digital renders, the model and these deck plans, while it appears there may be a number of very interesting features in the "public areas", I am none too impressed with what I've seen of the cabin balcony offerings. I personally really like the "stair step" design of the Grand Class ships, offering different sized as well as covered, uncovered and partially covered balconies. In looking at these deck plans, there are really only 2 standard cabins on the entire ship that would seem to appeal to me at all. :eek:

I do fully understand that reality may be very different from these early sneak peeks, but it can't help but make one wonder.

• 3 years later...