Jamberry Nails

obnurse

I recently heard of a new nail product and would love input from everyone. Jamberry Nails is a sticker-like product that you put over your nails like nail polish. Supposedly last 10 days without chips. It's inexpensive, about $15 which will do 2 mani's and 2 pedi's. There are plenty of fun patterns and colors. I am tempted to try it, but wanted some input from others.

I haven't tried them but have many friends that have hosted parties. Check and see if anyone you know sells them or is hosting a party. Or heck, host one yourself and get some of the product to try for free. :)

I just may do that! Lot of girls were looking at the web site at work. I think we are all curious. They are so cute and I'll try anything that will resist chipping! A lady I work with and her 9 year old were on day 5 yesterday and they looked fresh and new. Any one have any personal experience with these??

Incoco is very big with the stick on nails and they get great reviews. I have used the Sally Hansen before, and had good luck with those. I haven't heard of this brand, but worth a look.

They aren't "stick on nails". They are nail wraps that go on your regular nails. I've used them several times. After about 6 tries or so, I still get lots of kinks in them. They usually last about 5 days on me, whereas my regular polish lasts 2 weeks or so. They have a lot of cool designs though, so I keep trying. Plus they are expensive, so I don't want to waste all I've bought. I can buy a really good bottle of polish for $15 and get a heck of a lot more manicures out of it than the 2 manicures and pedicures I can get from $15 worth of Jamberry.

I have seen them in walmart type stores. Maybe you could pick up one and try it. My friend tried them (jamberry) and had a hard time getting them to work, I don't know why. I personally have not.

I'm going to try the Sally Hanson brand. My daughter uses them all the time. You don't have to heat them during the application. AND, they're a lot cheaper. My dd will help me apply them to get the smoothest look. Normally, my manicure will last 10 days without chipping, but I love these fun patterns! I'll report back. I probably won't wear them for a cruise unless I really get a full 10 days out of them.

I haven't tried them personally yet because I just stopped biting my nails. A number of women at my work use them and LOVE them . One teacher sells them and wears them all the time. They look great and wear well and we wash our hand A LOT (we work in special ed.) She showed us how she puts them on ( she put them on another teacher that purchased some) she warms them with a blow dryer to make them more plyable and then again after they're on to soften them so she can smooth them out .

I recently had a friend that started selling them. She gave me some samples to try and I love them. I just ordered a couple new sheets and will be wearing them on my upcoming cruise in October.

They are easy to put on - you have to follow the instructions though. They need to be heated up before you apply and once they are on your nails. They last without chipping or peeling. If it starts to lift, just heat it up and press it back down. To heat them you can purchase the special heater they sell (NOT what I recommend) or use your flat iron (I like this method best) or hair dryer. The best part, they do not damage your nails. When you remove them, it's just a matter of buffing off the adhesive. I have done gel polish (which I LOVE) and regular polish (don't do the fake thing). This gets the job done in little time and the patterns are really cute.

~Tracy~

This is a great product. For me they last three weeks with no problems, and i am very harsh on my nails. The trick is to apply them correctly. I use a heating pad, and make sure they are flat on the nail. Much easier than nail polish, not so messy, and a big one for me, no chips.

I am interested in seeing how they do on our Tahiti cruise. Lots of walking in the sand, snorkeling, hiking, etc.

My favorite pattern so far is the Vacay one, very cute. I would like to see them produce more conservative patterns for work.

A friend of mine started selling them and I was skeptical at first. I'm not usually a nail polish kind of person but gave them a try. I am now completely hooked. I absolutely love them and hate the way my nails feel when I don't have any on. I hosted an online party for my friend and ended up being able to get about $300 worth of stuff for just over $100. I have enough wraps to last me the rest of the year, changing them out once a week (although they will last two, I get bored seeing the same design on my nails two weeks in a row :rolleyes: )

I can't put them on my toes (I'm not flexible enough to do it) so I'll stick with the occasional pre-cruise pedicure.

1924623_10202529261685289_1681957323_n.jpg.f3f26106bccc2e3e99bf1926626ab76a.jpg

20140427_185633.jpg.b3ff65a987c4c9f7bb2fb98fff3cb62e.jpg

20140406_191631-1.jpg.b122b9ea2e14155e05bd627e991001b5.jpg

1796567_10202669344827280_699773039_n.jpg.210edfb2f9c6156446882a2d93e0afcf.jpg

Edited by Cruzin-K

So, I tried the Sally Hanson brand of peel and stick. They aren't a vinyl product (like Jamberry). They are actually nail polish, removable with nail polish remover. They have been on for over a week and other than growing out, they are perfect. My hands have been in dish water, garden dirt, bleach and all the hand washing at work. They are holding up better than I could have hoped. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for a cruise. They were about $8, available anywhere. I was very pleased. :-)

So, I tried the Sally Hanson brand of peel and stick. They aren't a vinyl product (like Jamberry). They are actually nail polish, removable with nail polish remover. They have been on for over a week and other than growing out, they are perfect. My hands have been in dish water, garden dirt, bleach and all the hand washing at work. They are holding up better than I could have hoped. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for a cruise. They were about $8, available anywhere. I was very pleased. :-)

Thanks for the info - have seen these 'types' of nail polishes all over the place but hard to know which is which and what type might work better than others.

How hard were these to put on? It is simple? do you need to have 'long' nails? (mine are kept pretty short).....currently using shellac occasionally and vinylux but might want to try these out?

Have you removed yours yet? Any chips/issues? Would love to know how long they lasted?

They are still in crazy good shape. Not a single chip, still shiny, just growing out now. I am getting bored with the color, lol. I haven't removed them yet, but my daughter says it comes off like any other nail polish. I have to admit......I am really impressed! I will report back soon, I will probably take this off on Thursday and replace with a new color. They were incredibly easy to put on. Wash your hands before you start. I use Dawn dish soap because it cuts any grease or oils on your nails. Then decide which size fits each nail the best, use the orange stick to push your cuticles back, peel then and stick. Smooth it out. Take the little file they provide and file your nail straight down to cut the piece at the top of your nail. It really is simple. And cheap! Incidentally, I also trimmed my nails back a few days ago, figuring if I ruined the polish, no big deal. Nope......they survived without a nick.

You do not need to have long nails. They trim up to whatever length your nails are. No problem. I love shellac, too, but I love the convenience of this product, and it's lasting just as long. Also, with shellac I either have to go to the salon and pay to have it taken off, or I have to take it off at home which is quite a production, lol.

Love Jamberry nail wraps! I have been wearing them for over three months, changing styles every couple weeks.

The Vacay or Passport style is great for cruises, or there are bright tropical colors.

I am down to 30 minutes to apply a full set, used to take longer at first. BUT it was taking longer to use nail polish, due to having to wait between coats, etc, and then sometimes getting them messed up...LOL

I just ordered more styles, and I even mix them up sometimes on various fingers. You can be very creative!

Great idea for travel, no more bringing polish and remover. They easily last for a whole cruise and then some.

• 2 weeks later...

We are heading off on our second cruise later this month and I'm thinking about repeating the Jamicure that I did for our first! After almost a year, I still think that this was one of my favorites ever. I may have an emotional attachment to the good times that we had on that cruise though. LOL We retired this tip, but thankfully I still have some stashed away.

49506360_cruisemani.jpg.1a30001346558582b58de4a3b38a5821.jpg

• 2 months later...

I had horribly short nails because I bit them so bad and always had to bring "nail supplies" on cruises and vacations to fix them every day - any type of polish I tried wouldn't last and didn't stop me from biting. I tried Jamberry and was able to have nice nails for my entire vacation and have actually stopped biting for good. That was enough to have me hooked and I actually started selling them and became a consultant so I could get them for a discount (or free). I recommend them! :D

My dd wears them. She has 3 little girls, 4, 2 and baby, and she cloth diapers. She is in water all the time and inherited my flaky breaky peely nails. Nail polish just doesn't last on either of us.

She loves hers. Our oldest granddaughter the 4 and a half year old is in her second year of skating. (we are Canadians!) and the skating club is raising money by selling these so she is buying more.

My dd is the frugal sort, she doesn't waste money on stuff that doesn't work and it takes a lot to impress her. This does.

That said, much as I like it on her, I haven't tried it, mainly because I'm paralyzed by indecision with all the variety. And so I bought an extra sheet of them to give to her and help with the fund raising.

I love jamberry and have considered becoming a consultant too! I'm still perfecting my application but just did French tips for our upcoming trip to Italy and cruise. They look great. I am horrible with nail polish (and biting) so they work great for me. Only problem is I have a hard time on the little bitty toenails and getting them to stick.

Sent from my iPad using Forums