First Timer in Key West!!

Stephylynn02

Hi! DH and I will be staying in KW for 2 nights in late April for my bday, super excited! We are staying at Speakeasy Inn, it had wonderful reviews, have any of you stayed there? What is not to be missed? Food, drinks, activities, sightseeing, etc.? We are considering renting Trikes, good idea? They look fun. Any help is appreciated thank you!

Haven't been to KW in several years since I prefer the less-crowded Upper Keys, but if the Conch Train is still running I'd highly recommend it. It is (was?) an open-air trolley that tours around the island giving all kinds of interesting info that you wouldn't get on your own.

And of course, Mallory Square at sunset. Depending on the time of year you may or may not see the sun actually set in the sea - there is a small island just offshore that blocked it when I was there but you're really there for the people and entertainment rather than the sunset.

Have fun! Key West is one of the places I think everybody should see at least once. There's no place else like it.

Unfortunately a new bar is opened across the street from The Speakeasy called Key West Pub that has started playing very loud live music at night. The Speakeasy must be impacted by it since the open windows are right across the street. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room facing away from Duval.

P.S., don't bother stopping into the Key West Pub since their food is not very good either. Many better choices in the area. Banana Cafe for lunch or dinner, Blackfin Bistro for great burgers, Frenchies for great breakfast or lunch and Square One are all very close to your hotel.

I would only rent trikes if you have a balance problem. Streets are crowded and narrow and trikes are a bit wider than a regular bike. I would prefer the regular bike if it were me.

Edited by keywester33