Covered or Uncovered??

Cher7

We will be on the Grand in cabin D702 a minisuite, can anyone tell me if the balcony will be covered or uncovered. I have a feeling it will be uncovered but I am not sure. :confused:

Thanks everyone!

All AE, AC, AB and AA mini suites on the Dolphin deck have uncovered balconies. If you want a covered balcony in a mini suite, you will need to book and AD mini on the Emerald deck. You may check with Princess or your TA and see if any of these are available if you want a covered balcony for your mini suite.

Cher7 is asking about GRAND Princess which is different from Crown, Emerald, & Ruby.

We had an AA mini-suite (D506) on Grand a couple of years ago and it was covered in the back for two chairs & table ... and uncovered in the front with another two chairs. We don't use our balcony lots but rather liked the covered/uncovered it offered. :)

Our AA mini-suites on Crown & Emerald have always been totally uncovered.

Cher7 is asking about GRAND Princess which is different from Crown, Emerald, & Ruby.

We had an AA mini-suite (D506) on Grand a couple of years ago and it was covered in the back for two chairs & table ... and uncovered in the front with another two chairs. We don't use our balcony lots but rather liked the covered/uncovered it offered.

What you describe as a mini balcony on the Grand, is more like a Caribe deck balcony...half covered / half uncovered.

I've sailed the Grand three times and remember the mini suite balconies along the side of the ship on Dolphin deck to be fully open with no covering at all.

The OP's cabin, D702, is on the port side and the balcony is not covered at all.

Lew

We had an AA mini-suite (D506) on Grand a couple of years ago and it was covered in the back for two chairs & table ... and uncovered in the front with another two chairs. We don't use our balcony lots but rather liked the covered/uncovered it offered. :)

Sounds like the Island or Coral

I've sailed on the Grand twice. The minis are the same as the other ships you describe. All of the Dolphin deck minis are uncovered. I believe you are thinking of the balcony cabins on the Caribe deck.

We will be on the Grand in cabin D702 a minisuite, can anyone tell me if the balcony will be covered or uncovered. I have a feeling it will be uncovered but I am not sure. :confused:

Thanks everyone!

Have you checked the availability of mini suites on the Emerald deck for your upcoming cruise? If there are cabins available in the AD category, you could downgrade to one of those cabins if you would like a covered balcony. These are great cabins.

Archived