Where is Bert Stratton now?

We saw Bert Stratton on the Caribbean Princess 3 years ago. Fantasic one-man show. Always standing room only when he performed. I can still recall his Sweet Caroline. Da. Da. Da. Da. Anyone seen him lately?

Just saw him on the Caribbean Princess last month and still packing them in !!! He was the best show on the ship.. They had him in a little open lounge area all week, so people were standing/blocking the walkways to listen to him, then the last night, he was in a big lounge. and it was SRO and more that night. Have pics of him, he really enjoys what he does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Bert has continued to be on the Caribbean Princess. We saw him in September-2014. He left the ship in mid-October for a short break. He'll be returning November 15 and stay until Dec 22. He'll then be back on the ship in Feb or March 2015.

Yes, he is still really terrific and we are all "Bertified" and repeating "So good, so good, so good".

Lynne

Might this be the same Bert ("What's my name?!" ... Bert!!) who was such a fabulous entertainer on the Oceanbreeze way back then? This despite a horrendous sore throat that he tended to with a spoonful of Tabasco sauce chased by a Coca Cola several times during each show.

We sailed Oceanbreeze in 1995 or 96, I believe.

Edited by SailorJM

What's my name? " BERT WITH AN E". :) He is now drinking a large bottle full of water and has a cup of hot water up there with him. No mention of a sore throat, but he was taking his pulse that he said got up to 150-(checking watch). That was after doing many sing a long numbers. Then, he slowed down to ballad or two to get it back down. I have his two CD's of music that span 16 years of music-Riding the Wind was written in 1992 and Infinity was the last one in 2007. The first CD is called The Best of Bert. The second one is called Infinity-all love songs, recorded in 2008, I believe. They are both good. I have listened to them several times already. I also have a DVD of him. I hope you get the chance to see him again.

Lynne

That's him! Bert with an E! Great to know he's still in fine tune! I doubt we'll see him again because we gave up on big ships some 15 years ago, preferring the windjammer-style sailing cruise ships. But such fun memories of him....with him, it's not just the music, but his entertainer style. Thanks for the update.

You are welcome!! He is a wonderful person-aside from his performance. He's at home with his family during his break. He also writes lyrics for Christian music, anthems, etc. I'm hoping to get back at least one more time, now that I know him better.

Take care and enjoy your cruising. We have tended to stick with the Grand Class size, although, we tried the Royal Princess last year. Now she was a big ship!! :)

Lynne

He does have a website. ;) And, you can see him on YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bert departed the Caribbean Princess today and will return in February. He will switch to the Star Princess out of Vancouver during the summer and fall months to mid-October 2015. There will be a break before the fall tour begins.

Lynne

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...