Prague Currency

cole

We will be on a Christmas Market cruise in December and read somewhere, even though the Czech Republic does not use the Euro, that occasionally Euros are accepted for purchases. Would someone comment on whether we need to exchange for Koruna when we arrive or will Euros be all we need.

Thanks for your help.

B. Cole

Thanks for the responses. Czech currency it is!

B. Cole

Cole, we just got back from Prague in November and also found it more economic to use ATM's and use the Czech money. A little tip we found from the boards also is that if you have a Capital One Checking Acct. with ATM card, they rebate ATM fees for non-Capital One Bank ATM's up to $15.00/mo. They also have no Foreign Transaction Fees associated with the use of their credit cards so we opened up a Capital One Account mostly to use for our overseas Travels. It worked great for our last Danube river cruise :)

If you have any Czech money left at the end of your trip you can always leave it as a tip for the cabin attendant or the crew. I had a bunch of Hungarian Forin left over so I left it in a cup in my room with our cabin attendant's name on it.

Archived