Port of San Diego

rkaratsu

If anyone is familiar with the Port of San Diego (we are going out on the Shadow next Tuesday the 14th), can you recommend where to park, and how far the parking is from the pier. We will be driving down from LA.

Thanks!

RK

we are coming in by plane..but..I looked up...http://www.portofsandiego.org/...and then hit map of area...and saw a parking lot...three streets surround it...Broadway, Pacific Hiway, and North Harbor drive. good luck, and see you aboard!

We too will see you onboard. As I recall you can drive (with ticket and proper ID for security) onto the pier where porters will take your bags and then you can drive to parking which is almost across the street. They can direct you at the pier.

Gary

We are taking a short flight into San Diego, and then a taxi to the pier. Do we just tell the driver "Go to the B Street pier"? How big is this pier and how many ships are docked there -- will there be any confusion? Will the taxi leave us more or less right next to the ship? Thank you.

Cat Person-We too are flying in and have done this a number of times. When you come into the San Diego airport you have to go across an enclosed pedestrian overcrossing and down the stairs or elevator with your luggage to get a cab. Tell the driver you want to go to the cruise ship terminal-I think Shadow is the only one there that day although HAL Statendam will be there with us on return on the 21st. When you arrive at the terminal, the security guy will ask for your tickets and your passport or other ID (sometimes they ask for the driver's also, but not always). The cab will drive onto the pier and drop you off right at the entrance to the terminal and there will be porters waiting there to take you bags right from the cab. I usually give them $5 or so. Very painless other than lugging your stuff over the walkway at the airport.

Gary

Archived