Milestone Cruisers that are not Diamond

yesaccasey

Does anyone have any written messages from John or any staff regarding milestone cruisers being grandfathered into Diamond? I was told numerous times by staff verbally that this was going to be the case. Anyone?

Log on to your Carnival account and you will see what you are under the new system. The website is now updated

According to what John posted on Facebook, milestone is different. It only occurs on the cruise where you attain the milestone, and you get a special card for that cruise, other than that it seems you stay in the category that you are in until the next milestone.

Must be a change I received the white(milestone) card on ALL my cruises starting with #25.

The problem is that the way the Milestone cruisers were treated in practice is different from what the program was intended to be conducted. We were supposed to get the Milestone card only once, to recognize the 25th cruise. In my case, I had to wait three days into my cruise to get the Milestone Rewards card because my 25th was the second part of a b2b and the 24th cruise was not in their database, even though I showed the purser's desk the sail and sign card from the 24th cruise. I also received a Milestone Rewards card on my 26th cruise (odd how the word "platinum" appears no where on the card). Now we are told that Milestone is not a loyalty level, but a point in our cruise history and we are still platinum, unless your days at sea are at least 200 days. For me, I will have to cruise an additional 9 - 12 times to reach diamond.

I was always under the impression that once you hit #25 you got the milestone cruise. This is the first time I am hearing that you only get the card on #25, 50, etc.

What I am not happy about is the fact that I was told milestone cruisers would be diamond under the new VIFP program. According to carnival.com I am platinum.

I was always under the impression that once you hit #25 you got the milestone cruise. This is the first time I am hearing that you only get the card on #25, 50, etc.

What I am not happy about is the fact that I was told milestone cruisers would be diamond under the new VIFP program. According to carnival.com I am platinum.

I was under the same impression. I guess a Milestoner isn't what they (we) were a month ago. Planitum are grandfathered in but not Milestoners. Go figure, the loyalty doesn't go both ways.

We completed our 31st in January and we have recieved the white card starting at 25. Not sure about our next cruise, but it sounds like we will get the platinum card again. No big deal to me as long as we enjoy the cruise and I am sure we will, just like all the previous ones.

I was under the same impression. I guess a Milestoner isn't what they (we) were a month ago. Planitum are grandfathered in but not Milestoners. Go figure, the loyalty doesn't go both ways.

Totally agree - we were under the same impression. This Milestone cruiser is voting with her feet. After the horrible cruise we had on the Triumph over Memorial Day we plan to never set foot on another Carnival ship again. I also think they should have done what RCI does - give double sailing points when you book a suite.

I am very disappointed in Carnival. 32 cruises and 176 days and I am now at the platinium level again. I was under the impression we would be grandfathered into Diamond. I will have 200 days in Dec, anbd I am not grandfathered into diamond like the platinium. I feel so cheated.Yes I will still sail Carnival, but very disappointed in this new system. 75 days-200 days and no grandfathering in.

You do get the milestone OBC on the 25th cruise (in fact, you have a year from the issuance of the obc certificate to apply the obc credit). We may have been led to believe that Milestone was a S&S card level because they continued to give the Milestone Reward S & S cards on subsequent cruises. Mr. Borden in the Q & A this afternoon stated that was not the intention of the Milestone program.

You are still grandfathered in, you (and a lot of the ship board crew) did not understand the rules before.

I am very disappointed in Carnival. 32 cruises and 176 days and I am now at the platinium level again. I was under the impression we would be grandfathered into Diamond. I will have 200 days in Dec, anbd I am not grandfathered into diamond like the platinium. I feel so cheated.Yes I will still sail Carnival, but very disappointed in this new system. 75 days-200 days and no grandfathering in.

How could you be grandfathered into something that did not exist. You have been placed into the level that you have earned. You still have your milestone, which was never a level but a single cruise.

I was told former milestone = new diamond. I am not asking for something that wasn't promised. I was told that my milestone level would turn into diamond under the new program.

In addition, the new program was touted to be 'brilliant' and that no cruisers would lose any benefits, which is clearly not the case. I don't care if it's not that big of a deal. I am upset that I was told one thing and the opposite happened.

You are still grandfathered in, you (and a lot of the ship board crew) did not understand the rules before.

How could you be grandfathered into something that did not exist. You have been placed into the level that you have earned. You still have your milestone, which was never a level but a single cruise.

I clearly recall John stating (more than once) that milestone would be placed in the top tier of the new program. That would lead milestone cruisers to believe they should be diamond. This stuff about the white card was intended only for #25, 50, etc is backpeddling.

I clearly recall John stating (more than once) that milestone would be placed in the top tier of the new program. That would lead milestone cruisers to believe they should be diamond. This stuff about the white card was intended only for #25, 50, etc is backpeddling.

THANK YOU! I heard that from John and asked CCL many times and I am not making assumptions here. I was told this was going to happen.

I have the right to be upset. My family and I have been so loyal to CCL and for them to go back on their word is unacceptable. Maybe some don't feel this way and good for you if you don't, but if you are dedicated to a brand and are promised certain things and come to expect them then it is a real let down when those things don't come through. I understand CCL can change things and do whatever they want but that doesn't mean it is right.

This stuff about the white card was intended only for #25, 50, etc is backpeddling.

....and do we really think Carnival printed up all those white milestone cards for a single use....how dumb and gullible do they think we are??...jeesh!

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2012/05/04/ashes-in-the-barbecue/

Brenda asked:

Hi John

We have sailed with you twice now on the Carnival Freedom in the Med and this past summer on the Carnival Magic in the Med. We are currently Platinum with 22 cruises (my 10 yr old has 22 cruises too!). How will this work with the new loyalty program. We are only three cruises from Milestone with three future cruises booked (Dec. 2012 July 2013 and Dec 2013). How close do we have to be to be grandfathered into the milestone program? This will be a real bummer if we miss it and we are this close! Please let me know. Lastly, will you be on the Legend in the Baltic in 2013? Thanks.

John says:

Hello Brenda

I am getting lots of questions like this and it is quite understandable, of course. We are now just a very short time away from announcing the new loyalty program and the four different levels that this will be based on. Looking at the fact that you are this close to Milestone and with three cruises booked you should have no worries or concerns about you getting the top level. More details to come soon and yes indeed, I will see you on the beautiful Carnival Legend.

Best wishes and thanks for your brilliant loyalty.

John

AND-------------------

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2011/11/03/a-little-teaser-about-your-loyalty/

"Some who are close to Platinum and indeed Milestone are hoping the goal posts are not changed and most of the questions were as I said based around those."

It wasn't until LATE May that John officially backpeddled on the milestones being grandfathered in to diamond... Before that all references were made that old platinum = new platinum and old milestone = diamond. Only during the last week of May was the milestone program suggested to be completely separate. In addition, John has posts talking about the milestone cards vs the platinum cards and there was no mention of the card being a one time thing on #25, 50, etc. And all current milestone cruisers on here have confirmed that they received the milestone on their 25th cruises as well as cruises after their 25th.

As a milestone member close to 200 days can someone answer these questions. Do u become diamond on the cruise that u reach 200+ days or the next cruise? Also will u receive the diamond card only once and then become platinum again? Are some of the diamond benefits only usable on your first diamond cruise? Will carnival keep accurate records of what u have used and not used of the one-time benefits?

THANK YOU! I heard that from John and asked CCL many times and I am not making assumptions here. I was told this was going to happen.

I have the right to be upset. My family and I have been so loyal to CCL and for them to go back on their word is unacceptable. Maybe some don't feel this way and good for you if you don't, but if you are dedicated to a brand and are promised certain things and come to expect them then it is a real let down when those things don't come through. I understand CCL can change things and do whatever they want but that doesn't mean it is right.

I understand totally. And agree with you. I think some are not understanding what you were looking for in your original post. You want to know if anyone has this in writing where we were told if you are Milestone, you will be in the highest tier... which is Diamond.

Does anyone have this in writing? This is what the op is looking for... and I would like to see it too... I am sure that more than a few have this...

Anyone??

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2012/05/04/ashes-in-the-barbecue/

Brenda asked:

Hi John

We have sailed with you twice now on the Carnival Freedom in the Med and this past summer on the Carnival Magic in the Med. We are currently Platinum with 22 cruises (my 10 yr old has 22 cruises too!). How will this work with the new loyalty program. We are only three cruises from Milestone with three future cruises booked (Dec. 2012 July 2013 and Dec 2013). How close do we have to be to be grandfathered into the milestone program? This will be a real bummer if we miss it and we are this close! Please let me know. Lastly, will you be on the Legend in the Baltic in 2013? Thanks.

John says:

Hello Brenda

I am getting lots of questions like this and it is quite understandable, of course. We are now just a very short time away from announcing the new loyalty program and the four different levels that this will be based on. Looking at the fact that you are this close to Milestone and with three cruises booked you should have no worries or concerns about you getting the top level. More details to come soon and yes indeed, I will see you on the beautiful Carnival Legend.

Best wishes and thanks for your brilliant loyalty.

John

AND-------------------

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2011/11/03/a-little-teaser-about-your-loyalty/

"Some who are close to Platinum and indeed Milestone are hoping the goal posts are not changed and most of the questions were as I said based around those."

It wasn't until LATE May that John officially backpeddled on the milestones being grandfathered in to diamond... Before that all references were made that old platinum = new platinum and old milestone = diamond. Only during the last week of May was the milestone program suggested to be completely separate. In addition, John has posts talking about the milestone cards vs the platinum cards and there was no mention of the card being a one time thing on #25, 50, etc. And all current milestone cruisers on here have confirmed that they received the milestone on their 25th cruises as well as cruises after their 25th.

And if you notice, in his original post here he said four levels, not five. So we were grandfathered to the highest tier of the four levels which is Platinum. And they added Diamond. this is where the backpeddling comes in...

Now for the big question what kind or color S&S card will diamond get ? 1 time Diamond cruise (Gray) and from then on back to Platinum ??? This is like a bunch of Politicians got together to write a program so no body would understand it.

Yup Carnival kicked me in the arse for my loyalty as well. I have 29 cruises with 142 days and since 2005 I have only sailed on 1 other line...My bad. I'm sure another line will be happy to take my money and I am looking forward to exploring other possibilities. I have many solo cruises that carnival will not count as *double points even though I paid the 200% supplement....their bad. From what I have been told we will now get the platinum cards and I believe the diamonds will get the white cards. Look out NCL, HAL, Princess, Celebrity, RCCL...here I come!:D

And if you notice, in his original post here he said four levels, not five. So we were grandfathered to the highest tier of the four levels which is Platinum. And they added Diamond. this is where the backpeddling comes in...

Yes... but it was always being communicated that old platinum would go to old platinum and old milestone would go to the level above platinum, which is diamond. Before there was diamond, milestone was the new 'diamond'....

Archived