LHR hotels and transportation

I was wondering what the best options are for transfers between the Premier Inn on Bath Road (LHR) and Terminal 2 / 3 (ie: the central bus station). The Hoppa seems quite expensive and after booking the PI, I discovered that it was outside the "free bus zone". Is it feasible to walk from the last free bus stop to the PI or do I pay the bus fare (how much?) for drop off closer to PI ?

Thank you in advance for any help / suggestions.

Thank you for the suggestions.....that makes sense. Any idea of approximate cost?

And what about getting from Terminal 2 to Bath Road Premier Inn? Do taxis take the short trip and add on an airport fee? or should we just take the local bus?

We did the trip in April from raddisson which is also on Bath rd to T2.

The metered fare was around £13-£14.

It is a little less (£12?) on the return as the driver does not have to go in the wrong direction then u-turn. Plus you will not have to wait for the next Hoppa bus.

Premier Inn is closer to T2 than Raddisson but the fare will be similar.

Just go down to the T2 taxi stand and take a black cab, they must take the fare.

Edited by helpthejuggler

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have information about the local bus between the Terminal and Premier Inn?

Thank you.

Use the Hoppa Bus from Terminals to Hotels, 5 pounds one way, very good. Hotel buses are not permitted to service the terminals at LHR. Hoppas have a website. (Part of National Express.) Used them a few times, great.:halo: Also stayed in couple of the Premier Inns on Bath Rd, very good. Book direct on their site for best prices.

After our cruise we booked a night at the Hilton at T4. The next day we fly from T2. From the LHR website it looks like we can easily walk with luggage to T4 from the hotel and then use airport transportation to T2. Is this correct? Has anyone done this or have experience getting from the hotel to airport transportation and using that to get to T2? Thx!

After our cruise we booked a night at the Hilton at T4. The next day we fly from T2. From the LHR website it looks like we can easily walk with luggage to T4 from the hotel and then use airport transportation to T2. Is this correct? Has anyone done this or have experience getting from the hotel to airport transportation and using that to get to T2? Thx!

We did the reverse the first time. From T2 (on UA flight), we took the free shuttle train to T4.

Yes, it's that simple. The Hilton is connected to T4 by a covered walkway, take the free shuttle train to Heathrow Central for T2 & T3. The train takes less than 5 minutes and runs every 15 minutes. There are no barriers, you just walk onto the platform (luggage trolleys not allowed).

It's Heathrow, so there is a fair amount of walking along passageways, particularly from Heathrow Central to T2.

Lesser known fact is that the same journey by tube is also free, but you need an Oyster Card or contactless payment card to access and leave the stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Terminal 4 at LHR also has a brand new Premier inn, about 200 metres walk from Terminal 4 by covered walkway. If I was arriving at T4, I would use that.

Next year to LHR we are on Cathay Pacific - Sydney HK - LHR to Terminal 3, then Hoppa to Doubletree by Hilton on Bath Rd, then pick up rental car next morning after a sleep. Way to go.:halo:

Happy cruising to all.

Terminal 4 at LHR also has a brand new Premier inn, about 200 metres walk from Terminal 4 by covered walkway. If I was arriving at T4, I would use that.

Happy cruising to all.

Thanks for this - I didn't know this had now opened. A quick look at their website shows really good rates, better than the Bath Road site - £45 flex and £29-50 saver. That's a bargain to avoid the hateful Hoppa :)

I think I read somewhere that there was going to be a Holiday Inn Express also attached to the same covered walkway as the Hilton and this new Premier Inn.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many thanks for the great info on LHR T4 hotels and connections to T2. All of the replies were very helpful and are greatly appreciated. We have Hilton points so will stay there this time but it is great to know there are other options.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let folks know.....we have returned and the taxis were the best way to get to and from Terminal 2 (and the central bus station). About 15 GBP from LHR to hotel and then the staff at Premier Inn called a car (fixed rate: 12 GBP) for the trip back to LHR. Way easy, less hassle and not that much more $$.

Thank you for the suggestions and experiences!!

Just to let folks know.....we have returned and the taxis were the best way to get to and from Terminal 2 (and the central bus station). About 15 GBP from LHR to hotel and then the staff at Premier Inn called a car (fixed rate: 12 GBP) for the trip back to LHR. Way easy, less hassle and not that much more $$.

Thanks for taxi info to/from. Beats the Hoppa, waiting etc. After a 23 hour flight from OZ to LHR, one needs a shower, shave, pint of cider, feed, sleep in that order.:loudcry: I suppose most of the LHR hotels have a deal with taxi companies, fixed price hotel to terminal and vice versa. Way to go. We fly into LHR in the afternoon to T3 and overnight at Double Tree by Hilton on Bath Rd, pick up a rental car from Hertz next morning, so taxi to Hertz as well from hotel. Contributing to the British economy, that's me.

Thanks for reporting back, much appreciated. :D