Amber Cove/Grand Turk --Please Help with Excursions!!

Cruising on Carnival Splendor to Amber Cove and Grand Turk in about a month. I've never been to either port and not having any luck with Local tour companies in the D.R. Looking for a nice beach, all inclusive resort type excursion, open to others. Don't want to tour the city. Don't want to ride a bus for 3 hours. Just looking for something nice and relaxing. Please help if you e been and loved your excursion tell me about it & how do I find it??!?!?? I find the best info/ advice comes from those who've been there done that!!Thanks!!!!!!! 😘

You don't need an excursion for Grand Turk, there's a great free beach right next to the pier where you can rent a floatie for $5 and if you get hungry, just go back to the ship! ;p

[YOUTUBE]6K-9NeyJDp8[/YOUTUBE]

Amber Cove IS a beach day....it's not exactly a "private beach" in the sense that it's like HMC, but it is totally available for Carnival guests.. You will need to pay cash or credit card for what things you might rent/buy...but it's a total beachy area for your pleasure.

As has been said, the beach is RIGHT next to the pier- there is a long float to prevent anyone from swimming under the pier. There are chaises and umbrella plus trees on the beach- all to use for free.The island of Grand Turk is only 7 miles long so there's not much to see. There is a Margaritavil there and a free form pool with a bridge across it and a swim up bar. They also have a Flow Rider- surfing on land that is between the beach and the pool. This is a lot of fun to watch if you don't do it. (I did it 7 times on RCCL and am well over 60!)

But, when you get off the pier turn right! Shops, beach , pool is on your left but turn right. Down a short way is an exact replica of the Friendship 7 which landed off Grand Turk. This was John Glenn's spaceship when he was the 1st American to orbit the whole earth. You will not believe it's size! Sometimes I think it will fit IN your cabin. Take someone's picture next to it to be able to see the actual size !