Ocean Medallion Holder Survey

VibeGuy

I'm curious what price points they're asking about. I got $20 across all three options, which I was particularly unenthusiastic about.

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm definitely curious to find out!! :D:D

I just got the survey as well.... 3 different options for purchase they are proposing... 1 - Lanyard 2 - Sports Clip 3 - Wrist Band (looks like fitbit'sh)

You have to rate what you would deem too cheap and too expensive for purchasing these accessories to hold your Medallion .... Which they try to market in the email a great collectible LOL

Why should anyone have to purchase any of these options in order to use the Medallion system? They want us to use it they should give us all three as a no cost option.

I agree. I think you do not have to have it in one of their carrying options: Necklace, watchband or lanyard.

I vote for the implant because there is a good chance I would loose it.

If they want me to use their medallions, I'm not paying to display it.

Same here. They mentioned nothing about extra charges when they announced the Medallion, and I believed them. Was I a mow-ron?

Jim

I took the survey too. I agree $20.00 is too much money for a "accessory" to hold the medallion. My concern is that the medallion is the size a quarter which would be easy to displace.

That's my concern but I'm not paying for a holder to not lose it. :rolleyes:

With the small size they'll be easier to lose than a cruise card so Princess better have a large supply of replacements onboard. Eventually they'll probably discover that providing a free holder is cheaper than replacing many of the Medallions. Those would be more expensive than cruise cards & being the size of a quarter many may end up in pockets when clothing goes to the laundry & destroys the Medallion.

If Princess discovers it's more cost effective to provide a free holder than to replace lost or damaged Medallions, then they may provide holders. Based on the posts about the survey (neither of us received it) they want to sell them to passengers...not us! :eek:

T. Based on the posts about the survey (neither of us received it) they want to sell them to passengers...not us! :eek:

Just checked my own email again... Princess just sent me an email about Asia cruises but not the Medallion Survey.... I will still wait to see if I get it ..... if not then looks like they are targeting newbies for their thoughts on the costs of buying these "fun" (kidding) extra's.......

Why even worry about purchasing something to "house" the medallion in until you've at least tried a cruise and seen if there is a need for such an item?

Tom

Totally! But they are going to be selling this stuff in their shops regardless and you know there are those people that will be buy it. Won't be me though!

... looks like they are targeting newbies for their thoughts on the costs of buying these "fun" (kidding) extra's.......

That's precisely it. *eyeroll*

(I'm going to hit my 40th sailing this year and have been cruising Princess and Sitmar since I was in short pants)

You don't have to survey everyone to get a valid response. I suspect you can get surprisingly accurate answers by asking about half the passengers from a single sailing if you get the demographics right.

Totally! But they are going to be selling this stuff in their shops regardless and you know there are those people that will be buy it. Won't be me though!

Nope, me neither. I do get amazed at how some people can get such strong feelings about something that is coming but is still so unknown. Personally, my wife and I are combing a cruise to a location where we've never been with the opportunity to try something new. But, as the saying goes, different strokes for different folks! :D

Tom

I did the survey and said zero would be too much. To pay to carry around a fob - give me back my free room key

I'm curious what price points they're asking about. I got $20 across all three options, which I was particularly unenthusiastic about.

Also received the survey. The price point on my survey was $25.00

$25??? $25!!! Seriously? No...you're kidding, right?

We all realized the objective of the Medallion program was to increase Princess profits. I just didn't realize it would be so immediately successful. $25 for a $0.10 rubber bracelet?

I buy a new waterproof watch at WalMart for just $12 before every series of cruises (it's almost as cheap as a replacement battery). I think I'll just duct tape the Medallion to the backside of the watch, come out $13 ahead and have a new dual zone alarm watch to boot.