Queen Elizabeth - Dubai-S'hampton 3/31/11

mcruiser

Hello -- two fellows from Tucson here, booked on this cruise. First time on Cunard, but many cruises before, usually Celebrity. Anyone out there on this cruise? Please drop us a line, we'd love to hear from you. -- Ben and Mike

• 1 month later...
Hello -- two fellows from Tucson here, booked on this cruise. First time on Cunard, but many cruises before, usually Celebrity. Anyone out there on this cruise? Please drop us a line, we'd love to hear from you. -- Ben and Mike

Hi guys. We just signed up. Yea. Now to read and go through everything.

Bryan and Roger. Men@Sea.

Hi

We just booked on this leg (last minute insanity!). Again, like you two my partner and I have never done Cunard before but done a lot of cruises in last two years with Celebrity especially. Looking forward to it! We've got three days in Dubai before leaving so now looking for a hotel to relax in. Hope we can all meet up some time during the long trip

David and David

Celebrity Summit Jan 11x2

Celebrity Eclipse Sep 10

RC Adventure of the Seas June 10

Celebrity Equinox Sep 09

PO Ventura May 09

Ocean Village 2 Jan 09

Hi D&D. Good to know there are a few more of us. Yippee. We are coming in on the 31, early morning. We did Dubai before and Roger's cousin lives there so we'll meet up with him. Looking forward to meeting you.

Bryan and Roger :D

by the by, we're in Hertfordshire.

David & David

We are doing this tour in Jordan rather than with a big group from the ship. Company is Red Rock Tours and has been recommended on CruiseCritic. With 2 of us cost is $25 more than the ship but will go down if I can get more people. Payment is on the day.

Aqaba – Petra – Aqaba: tour code: RTJ130

We meet you wherever you were in Aqaba( Arava border, Aqaba Marina or Aqaba city ..etc..) and we provide the following services:

• Tourist saloon car with English speaking driver to transfer you from Aqaba to Petra and vice versa.
  • At Petra we provide you with Petra Admissions ticket which include The entry fees, short ride on horses and a English Speaking tour guide to show you , the Djinn blocks, the Obelisk Tomb, the Petra tunnel, the Siq, the Treasury, the outer Siq, Unisho Tomb, early Nabatean tombs and rich Nabatean tombs, the Urn Tomb, The Palace Tomb, The Corinthians Tomb , The colonnaded Street, the Decimanos, the Qaser al bint Temple and the tour ends at the basin where the Museum .
  • We also Provide you with lunch at a Local Petra Restaurant.

Let us know at our address below if you are interested and I will ask price for four.

Roger

Hi Bryan and Roger, David and David,

We're so glad that we finally heard from others on our cruise. We had not checked the boards in several days and were pleasantly surprised to see not one, but two responses.

Ben and I have been on several cruises, but never on Cunard. It will be interesting trying to get used to a more formal attire than previous cruises (Tucson is very casual!). Do I understand correctly that we are each limited to one bag and a carry on? How do they expect us to pack all those fancy clothes?

Hope to hear from you both and looking forward to meeting you in less than three weeks. We will be in Dubai a day early to rest up and look around. i don't think we're interested in the off-ship Jordan excursion, but hopefully we'll be on some of the others together.

Mike and Ben

Hi Bryan and Roger, David and David,

We're so glad that we finally heard from others on our cruise. We had not checked the boards in several days and were pleasantly surprised to see not one, but two responses.

Ben and I have been on several cruises, but never on Cunard. It will be interesting trying to get used to a more formal attire than previous cruises (Tucson is very casual!). Do I understand correctly that we are each limited to one bag and a carry on? How do they expect us to pack all those fancy clothes?

Hope to hear from you both and looking forward to meeting you in less than three weeks. We will be in Dubai a day early to rest up and look around. i don't think we're interested in the off-ship Jordan excursion, but hopefully we'll be on some of the others together.

Mike and Ben

Hi Mike and Ben. No, you are not alone. So far, six of us willing to admit it. lol. Fancy clothes are not what I am used to wearing. Formal for me is nothing with holes in them. But I suppose I will have to look a bit better. SIGH. Can't wait. We're coming in the morning of the cruise.

Ok. Start packing.

Bryan and Roger :D

Bryan and Roger, Mike and Ben

Look forward to meeting up. Our email address is blaked@btinternet.com. Hopefully we can arrange something a drink at one of the many bars the first or second night. I wouldnt worry too much about there not being many of us on this page (there will be a few more on board). I dont know why they dont have a FOD meeting on Cunard. Certainly had them on Celebrity!

Re Jordan: we did think about your trip but I think if (and thats a big if!) we go to Petra we'l just go with the ship one. We usually just arrange our own excursions like you but Im a little bit worried about doing it in an Arab country. I still remember last year in Alexandra getting a horse and carriage round and thinking we were going to be fleeced somehow. Did get ripped off a bit at the Mosque but C'est la vie!

Archived