Layover in Honolulu

Deluzy

We will have two layovers in Honolulu on our way to/from Tahiti. The first layover is for about 5-1/2 hours. The airlines said that our luggage will be all checked through to Tahiti, so basically, we can go out and perhaps do some shopping at Ala Moana for 3 hours.

On the way back, though, our layover is for 7 hours and I was told that we would need to grab our luggage for customs. We are not allowed to re-check our luggage until 3 hours before boarding time. And, there are no lockers for luggage anymore due to 9/11 security measures. So, that leaves us with a big suitcase and our carryons for about 5+ hours.

Originally, I wanted to go to the Hilton Hawaiian Village for brunch - does anyone know if we would be able to check our luggage with the hotel even though we are not guests, but merely eating there?

Any other suggestions for what to do with our bags?

Thanks!!!!!!

~Suzy

Not a bad idea - if I can find a decent deal. The only dilemma is that we were thinking of just hanging near Wakiki (husband has never been, but I have a couple of times) and the parking is really bad. Hotels let you park in their lot for about $20. ;)

But, I'll check it out and see if there is a place near there we could park for less.

~Suzy

Archived