Post Cruise flight New York

buckjam

Hi,

We return from a cruise on Tuesday July 1st at the Brooklyn terminal and dock at 7:15am. We have a flight from Newark at 12:35 - is this doable? The other option which i may be able to change would be to leave from laguardia at 1:30 or newark at 4:30pm. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I would say that without any traffic it would take under 45 minutes to get to Newark in NJ from Red Hook in Brooklyn. I am just going on my first cruise in June so I'm not sure how long it takes to disembark if you do indeed arrive at 7:15am. However, I would say that it is feasible to get to Newark in time as long as it doesn't take hours to disembark, even with some mild traffic along the way. Chances are you'll be taking the Verrazano (right by my neighborhood!) and at that time on a weekday traffic should not be going in that direction. Have fun on your cruise!

Hi,

We return from a cruise on Tuesday July 1st at the Brooklyn terminal and dock at 7:15am. We have a flight from Newark at 12:35 - is this doable? The other option which i may be able to change would be to leave from laguardia at 1:30 or newark at 4:30pm. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

its 20 minutes to LGA without traffic. You will easily make the 1:30...going by the V-N bridge to Newark is the long way and more than doubles the tolls(The way to go is BQE to the Brooklyn Bridge to the Holland Tunnel to 1-9 skyway to EWR). Its 40 minutes without traffic to EWR but the car/service-yellow cab will easily be over $60(including tips and tolls) while its $30-35 including tips by yellow cab to LGA.

Archived