Embarkation day lunch on Anthem

I have previously heard that Cafe Two70 was a good place to go on embarkation day but now I am hearing everyone has learned that and it is very busy. Does anyone know if the Diamond Lounge has anything available for lunch that day or where else would be a good place to go? My wife can't wait in lines so we avoid the windjammer. Thanks!

I have previously heard that Cafe Two70 was a good place to go on embarkation day but now I am hearing everyone has learned that and it is very busy. Does anyone know if the Diamond Lounge has anything available for lunch that day or where else would be a good place to go? My wife can't wait in lines so we avoid the windjammer. Thanks!

Since most of the passengers head to Two70 as soon as they board the Windjammer may not be that bad as far as waiting in line. And I see a nice place to sit out on the aft deck just off the WJ.

Since most of the passengers head to Two70 as soon as they board the Windjammer may not be that bad as far as waiting in line. And I see a nice place to sit out on the aft deck just off the WJ.

OK, now you're giving out all the secrets :D:D:D

The Jammers aft deck is a great, GREAT place to sit and eat.

Not to sure about the D lounge. On Quantum last year, it wasn't open for lunch. It would be great if it was serving lunch, though.

The wait depends on what time you board the ship, IMHO. Earlier is better, but remember, they let you on when THEY want. An example would be going to your assigned section after check-in and sticking to your assigned boarding time.

Others have reported they can walk right on the ship after boarding opens. Maybe it depends on the all important C and A status?

No food in the DL or CL for lunch. Ever, not just embarkation day. Lunch in the lounge is not a "thing".

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. When I asked about the DL being open at lunch I didn't mean a full lunch. When we got on Oasis in January we went to the suite lounge and they were serving appetizers for lunch like they do in the evening. That was plenty for us as we are not big eaters at lunch.

In your other post you mentioned coastal kitchen. Yes we are eligible to go there. Are they open for lunch?

Since we are on the food subject, where is a nice place to have Breakfast besides the WJ? Does the Two70 serve Breakfast?

Haven't done the new bistro but I thought American Icon was great for both breakfast and lunch.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Windjammer

Cafe Two70

Solarium Bistro

Coastal Kitchen (if eligible)

Café Promenade

Sorrentos

Is Michaels pub or Jonny Rockets open on sail-away days?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. When I asked about the DL being open at lunch I didn't mean a full lunch. When we got on Oasis in January we went to the suite lounge and they were serving appetizers for lunch like they do in the evening. That was plenty for us as we are not big eaters at lunch.

In your other post you mentioned coastal kitchen. Yes we are eligible to go there. Are they open for lunch?

Yes. That's the reason that I listed them in response to your question about eating lunch on embarkation day.

Coastal Kitchen is open for three meals a day, including both embarkation and disembarkation day. Breakfast in CK on your final morning is perhaps the most civilized way to end a cruise. :)

I chose to do Michael's for embarkation lunch. Combines the two things I want to do as soon as board - have an adult beverage and relax, and nosh.

I don't want a lot of food. Just enough to hold me until dinner. Michael's was perfect. But there is a nominal fee. I had the tomato bread soup and polenta fries. Both hit the spot.

Yes. That's the reason that I listed them in response to your question about eating lunch on embarkation day.

Coastal Kitchen is open for three meals a day, including both embarkation and disembarkation day. Breakfast in CK on your final morning is perhaps the most civilized way to end a cruise. :)

Thanks for posting the Cruise Compasses. I was just reading them over and noticed the following: Coastal Kitchen is only available for dinner for JS? Breakfast/Lunch you need to be GS or higher?

Thanks

-karl

• 1 year later...

The MDR is not open on embarkation day, but there are places other than the WJ to get food - Cafe 270, Solarium Bistro, Seaplex Doghouse, Cafe Promenade, Sorrentos, Johnny Rockets ($), and Michaels Pub ($).

The MDR is not open on embarkation day, but there are places other than the WJ to get food - Cafe 270, Solarium Bistro, Seaplex Doghouse, Cafe Promenade, Sorrentos, Johnny Rockets ($), and Michaels Pub ($).

Thank you to all who responded! I am so sad!!!! I LOVE having a quiet lunch and being served while the craziness ensues outside the diningroom. Any suggestions?????