Anthem Cabin 9110 or 9510 question

Herby

I could not find any pics, but this info was on the RCCL'S website

Spa Junior Suite with Balcony

These suites offer a comfortable bedroom, small sitting area and a private balcony.

Beds

2 twin beds (convert into Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long)

Size

Stateroom: 267 sq. ft.

Balcony: 81 sq. ft.

Occupancy

Up to 2 guests

Views

Private balcony

Rooms

Sitting area with table and sofa

Vanity area

Bathrooms

Private bathroom with bathtub

Amenities

Mini refrigerator

Hair dryer

TV

Phone

Radio

Safe

Exclusive For Suites

Large, spa-inspired split bath with soaking tub

Large separate shower

Deckplan Code

I don't know.....it looks much bigger on the deck plans.

Edited by champagne123
ccccccccc

They appear to be Superior Ocean View Staterooms: Two twin beds that convert to Royal King, Full bathroom and sitting area with sofa. Alcove with large forward-view panoramic window with seat and lounge chair. (302 sq. ft.)

Info was taken off deck plans http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RCI_Deck_Plans/Anthem_1648_Feb-1-2015.pdf

Susan

They appear to be Superior Ocean View Staterooms: Two twin beds that convert to Royal King, Full bathroom and sitting area with sofa. Alcove with large forward-view panoramic window with seat and lounge chair. (302 sq. ft.)

Info was taken off deck plans http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RCI_Deck_Plans/Anthem_1648_Feb-1-2015.pdf

Susan

Ahhhhhhh....that makes MUCH more sense. :):):):)

they appear to be superior ocean view staterooms: Two twin beds that convert to royal king, full bathroom and sitting area with sofa. Alcove with large forward-view panoramic window with seat and lounge chair. (302 sq. Ft.)

info was taken off deck plans http://creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/rci_deck_plans/anthem_1648_feb-1-2015.pdf

susan

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

So, we booked 8110 for our 12 night cruise on Anthem on 21st February. Slightly concerned before we boarded about it being so close to the front, and whether it might have been a mistake.

The stateroom was the best bit of the ship for us! Absolutely huge, I can honestly say that unless we win the lottery to afford a suite, we will probably never stay in a stateroom that size again.

You do feel a bit of motion with the waves, we don't mind that though - and on Anthem compared to previous RCCL ships, we felt you could feel movement more no matter where you were anyway.

The sofabed pulled out into a decent kingsize - it was only our 3 year old sleeping on it, but it was really comfy. Even with the sofabed out, there was plenty of space to move between the end of the bed and the desk/drawers.

The area in front of the porthole, we did wonder before we went whether the slope of the ship meant you wouldn't really benefit from it, but it was a great bit of extra space for the little person to play in. Only improvement would have been having two armchairs to sit in that area.

Plenty of storage - as well as the two wardrobes and the chest of drawers, there are cabinets above the beds where you could fit loads in - we didn't fill all the space. Suitcases were easily stowed away under the bed.

Bathroom just the same as any other cabin, relatively compact but it had everything you need.

I've attached a couple of photos - sorry there aren't more (and excuse us being in them!), on the last day I was going to take some as we struggled to find out anything before we boarded, and my husband said 'don't bother, I took some the first day' - should have checked! Hopefully they will give you some idea of how much space you get.

In summary, while I don't foresee us going on Anthem again (just not the ship for us), I would DEFINITELY book one of those staterooms if it was available.

WP_20160221_003.jpg.a4b176edc4984587828c13ab0a9c91b4.jpg

WP_20160221_004.jpg.db541be3ddf6cab2bbd55bc509d3eddb.jpg

• Thanks 1

So, we booked 8110 for our 12 night cruise on Anthem on 21st February. Slightly concerned before we boarded about it being so close to the front, and whether it might have been a mistake.

The stateroom was the best bit of the ship for us! Absolutely huge, I can honestly say that unless we win the lottery to afford a suite, we will probably never stay in a stateroom that size again.

You do feel a bit of motion with the waves, we don't mind that though - and on Anthem compared to previous RCCL ships, we felt you could feel movement more no matter where you were anyway.

The sofabed pulled out into a decent kingsize - it was only our 3 year old sleeping on it, but it was really comfy. Even with the sofabed out, there was plenty of space to move between the end of the bed and the desk/drawers.

The area in front of the porthole, we did wonder before we went whether the slope of the ship meant you wouldn't really benefit from it, but it was a great bit of extra space for the little person to play in. Only improvement would have been having two armchairs to sit in that area.

Plenty of storage - as well as the two wardrobes and the chest of drawers, there are cabinets above the beds where you could fit loads in - we didn't fill all the space. Suitcases were easily stowed away under the bed.

Bathroom just the same as any other cabin, relatively compact but it had everything you need.

I've attached a couple of photos - sorry there aren't more (and excuse us being in them!), on the last day I was going to take some as we struggled to find out anything before we boarded, and my husband said 'don't bother, I took some the first day' - should have checked! Hopefully they will give you some idea of how much space you get.

In summary, while I don't foresee us going on Anthem again (just not the ship for us), I would DEFINITELY book one of those staterooms if it was available.

SparkleyNails Thank you so much!!!

I have 2 questions. First, Where is the TV? Is it easy to see from the bed?

Also, Someone mentioned you share an alcove with another cabin and I was a bit confused about that...Is this true?

SparkleyNails Thank you so much!!!

I have 2 questions. First, Where is the TV? Is it easy to see from the bed?

Also, Someone mentioned you share an alcove with another cabin and I was a bit confused about that...Is this true?

The TV is directly facing the bed - the door you can see is for the bathroom, the TV is on the side of that. It also pulls out at one side so you can angle it towards the sofa as well.

It's just a mini corridor with the two rooms I would say rather than an alcove - if you look at the deck plans you can just about see it on there. When you come down the main corridor you turn off to the left and the two cabin doors are at right angles to one another. We didn't hear any of our neighbours if that helps.

To work out where the cabin door is in the picture - if you were standing with your back to the wardrobe next to the bed, the door would be directly facing you - it's actually quite a big area as well, when we were getting ready to disembark the suitcases could be lined up without getting in the way.

Hope that makes sense!

• Like 1

You sound like you are really obsessing a bit too much over this.

F27TW

It sounds like you are obsessing a bit to much over something that is of no concern to you. I'm gathering information and maybe a bit too excited over this room we booked and was really looking fw to hearing a review about it and seeing any pics as there aren't many yet. NO reason to be negative nelly. You know the saying, If you don't have anything nice to say....just move on. Why take the time to comment just to be rude!

• Like 1

The TV is directly facing the bed - the door you can see is for the bathroom, the TV is on the side of that. It also pulls out at one side so you can angle it towards the sofa as well.

It's just a mini corridor with the two rooms I would say rather than an alcove - if you look at the deck plans you can just about see it on there. When you come down the main corridor you turn off to the left and the two cabin doors are at right angles to one another. We didn't hear any of our neighbours if that helps.

To work out where the cabin door is in the picture - if you were standing with your back to the wardrobe next to the bed, the door would be directly facing you - it's actually quite a big area as well, when we were getting ready to disembark the suitcases could be lined up without getting in the way.

Hope that makes sense!

SparklyNails,

Thank you so much. That makes perfect sense and you answered all my questions! Appreciate it!

Herb

Anyone??

not to totally hijack this regarding your questions, but does anyone have solid info of balcony 11218, other than what I can find on the website? Has anyone stayed I that cabin? If so, would appreciate any and all input, good/bad...We're sailing 10/29 and have plenty of time to change if necessary.

Also, could not find anything about a cheap balcony upgrade ending today? HELP :-)

Thanks all who are kind enough to reply.

Safe travels always.

I was in Anthem cabin 8504 on the 3/7 cruise, similar to Sparklynails but on the other side of the ship, and I don't have much to add to what has been already said (even down to wanting another armchair!) Our dinner mates (who were self confessed "Balcony Snobs") liked the room as well (we did our own mini cabin crawl).

Some of those rooms have a pillar but 8504 isn't one of them.

I was concerned with the motion as the bed in that room is at right angles to the direction of the ship, but that was no problem. If you are more sensitive to rolling (side to side motion) than pitching (up and down) it could be a problem.

My only problem with the room was the when the bow thrusters are fired off, you definitely hear them. Most times this isn't a problem, but our arrivals in Labadee and Grand Cayman generated 7:00AM "wake up calls".

The other point worth mentioning is that the majority of restaurants are in the rear of the ship, so it is a long walk to dinner.