Replacing stateroom air filter

Hi [emoji3]

I don't even know in what topic was it but I found someone writing that you can request to have your stateroom' air filter changed

Is that possible? I didn't know we have individual air filters, last but not least where is it?

Thank you, happy weekend !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The filter is typically located behind the slotted ceiling panel just inside of the cabin door.

I pack a mini-mag light on each cruise. One cruise cabin was extremely dusty all the time, so I used the flashlight to look through the slots. Filter looked like it had not been changed in years (but I'm sure it had). They were quick to change when I asked.

Look for yourself next time you cruise. "Could" be a contributing factor to the upper respiratory (cruise crud).

Not too long ago I remember you railing about post whores - might be time to check the mirror.

You say that as if begin a post whore is bad thing.

Biker, who has several times has proudly announced that he is a post whore.

Hi [emoji3]

I don't even know in what topic was it but I found someone writing that you can request to have your stateroom' air filter changed

Is that possible? I didn't know we have individual air filters, last but not least where is it?

Thank you, happy weekend !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This would interest me as I was ill for most of the 19 nights on our last cruise and have an 11 night cruise coming up.

Throughout last cruise in lifts etc all you could hear was 'seal' coughing as lots of passengers struggled with respiratory illnesses. Of course if you're ill advised to stay in cabin and air con always made me feel worse.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

The filter is typically located behind the slotted ceiling panel just inside of the cabin door.

I pack a mini-mag light on each cruise. One cruise cabin was extremely dusty all the time, so I used the flashlight to look through the slots. Filter looked like it had not been changed in years (but I'm sure it had). They were quick to change when I asked.

Look for yourself next time you cruise. "Could" be a contributing factor to the upper respiratory (cruise crud).

Thanks so much for the tip...I'm sure many will appreciate this and have never thought about actually checking.

I was on the Allure last month and asked our room guy if we could have the filter in our cabin changed because it looked a little funky, that afternoon the maintenance guys were changing the filters in our section of the ship.

Thanks so much for the tip...I'm sure many will appreciate this and have never thought about actually checking.

Yes!!

Mixed drink prices going to be raised to $16.95 + gratuity in order to pay for all the air filters.

Our room on the Navigator just would not cool down. Called maintenance and they came and changed out our filter, which was horribly dirty, and had a cool room the rest of the trip. Never hurts to check.

I must say this is one of the most helpful threads I have seen posted since I joined CC. Both DH and I have lung issues and maybe this would make breathing easier for us. Wow, what a great suggestion.

I know when we sailed on Enchantment in Dec. 2013 there were many areas in cabin and hallway that were heavy with dust and dirt. I spoke with the Officer in charge of Housekeeping and when we sailed on same deck, in same area of ship but different cabin in Jan. 2014 the ship was much cleaner. Apparently cabin attendant was just giving "a lick and a promise" to cabins. Believe it or not they do like to know when things need additional attention.

Thanks OP

Originally posted by Beachin2 The filter is typically located behind the slotted ceiling panel just inside of the cabin door.

I pack a mini-mag light on each cruise. One cruise cabin was extremely dusty all the time, so I used the flashlight to look through the slots.

I will have to add mini-mag light to my packing list.

Originally posted by Beachin2 The filter is typically located behind the slotted ceiling panel just inside of the cabin door.

I pack a mini-mag light on each cruise. One cruise cabin was extremely dusty all the time, so I used the flashlight to look through the slots.

I will have to add mini-mag light to my packing list.

Always travel with a mini-mag light (actually two)...and assumed other's did too...this is just another use for it.

Told DH about this thread and we are wondering how often the filters are changed (if ever) on a ship. We change our A/C filter every month since A/C runs 24/7 here in FL. Maybe there would be less virus issues on ships if filters were changed frequently.

It's interesting they don't change these on a regular schedule as it saves energy when the system doesn't have to force air through a dirty filter.

I will definitely have to follow up on this as I have asthma and one cruise was using my nebulizer because something was triggering me and I couldn't figure out what. I even asked the room attendant to use as little cleaning solution as possible in case that was the problem.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It's interesting they don't change these on a regular schedule as it saves energy when the system doesn't have to force air through a dirty filter.

I will definitely have to follow up on this as I have asthma and one cruise was using my nebulizer because something was triggering me and I couldn't figure out what. I even asked the room attendant to use as little cleaning solution as possible in case that was the problem.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

That is a good point.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app